LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6 INCH LIFT KIT????

Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to behold

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
6 INCH LIFT KIT????

I just got a brand new Tacoma 4 door and want to lift it soonish. What all 6 inch lift kits are yall running? I had a BDS long arm on my CUMMINS and loved it, but is anyone running the BDS kit on the tacomas, and the body lift is out of the question.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah boy 6 inch lift kit!!! You gonna put stacks on that Sunna bitch?? Brappppp
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
Yeah boy 6 inch lift kit!!! You gonna put stacks on that Sunna bitch?? Brappppp
Everything's bigger in Texas!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #4
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Except for their junk... Which is why they need useless db lifts
Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #6

Just trolling... and op the most common 6 is the fabTech but I would look into an RCD 4.5 lift IMO
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm curious how a drop bracket lift is "useless" and why you are so worried (to the point of being rude...) about what someone else is going to do to their truck...
Hello EXACTLY ^^^^^

Here's some info on the 2 6 in lifts that are typically installed on tacomas. Either one will do. and there is a 4.5 in by RCD that will work great also

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
neversummeriam is on a distinguished road

Name: sam
neversummeriam's Tacoma Gallery
So pro comp has a 6" lift kit, as does
Fabtech, BDS just developed a 6" drop
Bracket kit as well. Or as they said RCD
Has a 4-5" kit. Personally I am going with the
Fabtech, it has a add a leaf and a small block
In the rear where as most kits just have a 4"
Block. It is also the most expensive kit I've seen
Too. Good luck on your choice.

I love it when you ask for advice and people
Just tell you how stupid you are for your decision
Instead of answering your question.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic a bit, but I must clarify contrary to popular belief my truck and or suspension components have nothing to do with my penis size.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
Cowboybob is on a distinguished road
Cowboybob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummeriam View Post
I love it when you ask for advice and people Just tell you how stupid you are for your decision
Instead of answering your question.
Exactly ^^^

Unfortunately, there are a number of members on this site that are oblivious to the fact that they suffer diarrhea of the mouth.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The reason most say db lifts are crap is because they are. They reduce ground clearance big time and the kits themselves aren't very good. A few members already ditched their db lifts for 3 inch lifts. What's that say about them?

In the end the OP should get what he wants and the other members should just stop getting butthurt.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The reason most say db lifts are crap is because they are. They reduce ground clearance big time and the kits themselves aren't very good. A few members already ditched their db lifts for 3 inch lifts. What's that say about them?

In the end the OP should get what he wants and the other members should just stop getting butthurt.

There actually wasn't that big of a difference as one would think between the two....but how would I lnow
Old 07-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
There actually wasn't that big of a difference as one would think between the two....but how would I lnow
I got under a pro comp lifted truck and the diff was kinda low. You look under a 3 inch lifted truck and the diff was way up there.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I never had a problem with it, I'd say the biggest advantage is being able to run an actual skid plate!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kanon
K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech...
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to behold

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I sense some hostility, but look at the BDS kit, I like it because it doesnt seem to hang nearly as low as procomp or fabtech. I want to run 35's it will be used for some trails but mainly mud, its TEXAS we got mud and I like the look of a 6 inch on 35's. Will I use it to pick up hookers as stated above, no are you crazy, I use my bike for hookers because i can dump them of the back easier than a truck. Remember lift it, fat chicks cant jump.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Off topic a bit, but I must clarify contrary to popular belief my truck and or suspension components have nothing to do with my penis size.
What about your username?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #20
bsteinkamp is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
bsteinkamp's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech

Products Discussed in this Thread