Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help deciding on OME lift kit vs Bilstein lift kit

Old 07-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
mdne04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eduardo
mdne04's Tacoma Gallery
Need help deciding on OME lift kit vs Bilstein lift kit

I've been scouring TW for information on suspensions and I I'm stuck between the OME lift kit an the the Bilstein lift kit (both from Toytec). My truck is my daily drive. I use it occasionally for sand and mud, but mostly sand. I want to add a plate bumper as well. Anyone with either kit have any input as to which one would better suit my needs?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
OME
Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
OME
Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
If you are gonna add weight... OME.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
OME! Get the shocks & springs designed to go together and give lift.
885s without a spacer should give you around 2.5" to 2.75" without a plate bumper & add a spacer when you add a bumper.
A lot of people like the Billies but if you want more than 1.6" of lift Billies pre-load the spring which decreases ride quality.