Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Icon suspension squeak...Help needed

Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
lvcarguy is on a distinguished road
Name: David
lvcarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Icon suspension squeak...Help needed

I have a 12 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4 that I put Icon CO in the front w Cambridge UCAs and the rear has Icon 2.0 aluminum Monotube shocks w 1.5" AAL. My questions is, I have a pretty annoying squeak coming from the rear of my truck. It happens both while driving and if you just hop in the bed of the truck to grab something. My truck only has 4k miles on it and the lift was installed right after I left the dealership when buying it new, i also havent had the time to do any major trails ( pretty much a mall queen at this point ). I moved right after I bought the truck so I can't take it to who I had install my lift, but I took it to Dirty Parts in LA ( not a huge fan of them ) and All they wanted to do was spray liquid grease everywhere, that didn't help at all. The second shop I took it to said they thought the rear shocks were bad, so I called Icon and they said they have had some complaints about squeaking shocks and are replacing them for free, so I got a second pair of shocks from them. I replaced the old shocks with the new ones and the noise is definitely better but is still there. I'm now back in Vegas and had a 3rd shop look at it and they said it was the rear shocks are bad.

Has anyone else had this problem with Icons? Am I to believe a 3rd set of shocks will work this time? Should I just get a different brand of rear shocks or a different kind? Anyone have any ideas to make the noise go away. It's pretty frustrating. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You sure it's not the springs?.....they do that. Also, check the top nut of the shocks and make sure they're tightned down enough.

Race trucks parts make race truck noises!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
lvcarguy is on a distinguished road
lvcarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for just responding now, I haven't been able to log on this past week at work. When I took it to Dirty Parts in LA ( wont ever go back ) they sprayed liquid grease up and down the whole underside of my truck, they didn't separate the leaf springs, but had me bouncing on the rear bumper while they sprayed to try and get the grease in between. I'll try the grease again, but it is pretty greased up underneath in the rear.

As for the rear shocks, sublime and wolfpack, both of those are good ideas and I'll try both of those.

Thank you for advice/help, I'll let you know the progress. thanks again, I know with lifted trucks, they are rarely ever perfect, but this squeaking is definitely annoying.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 has squeaked since day 2... I keep a can of wd40 in the truck and spray my leafs when needed.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
tacoma jesse is on a distinguished road
tacoma jesse's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked the hiem joints on them. I have racerunner 2.0 coilovers and hd a bad squeek over every little bump or crack and I took the coilovers off and foundout the hiem joint was bad and it fixed the problem
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Your first post was bumping a 2 month old thread? LOL

Welcome anyways!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
theYETI is on a distinguished road

theYETI's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread my my icon 2.0 shocks are also squeaking. It definitely is the shocks not my springs.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
David call Icon
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #9
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
I've had problems with my front icons squeaking since day 1. I called them they did a rebuild under warranty and I got them back and was squeak free for 2 months but its back again. They said its just the seals. So I'm sure the rear has the same seals that are failing. My warranty is up but I'm gonna call and see what they can do for me.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
You should always call right away if you feel like you are having an issue with an ICON product. We will def work with you to find the issue, and figure out some sort of solution. Please do not hesitate.

We are on here to support you and the products we offer. You can call me directly at the shop if you want to talk about anything.

Brad
951-689-4266

ICON Vehicle Dynamics
www.iconvehicledynamics.com