Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

vibes from front end

Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
vibes from front end

anybody out there had vibes when they installed 3'' spacer with aal??????ive got one and need help before i do something crazy and take it off.i was wondering if when you take out the front springs if they have to go back in the same way??now after install when i look in the fender well i see red/orange and white markings on the springs,which i did not see before.that is the only thing that i see that i might have done wrong.the KIT said nothing about that weather wrong or right.ive been in contact with some of the members from here(thank you) and i just cant figure it out.i would love to do the c/o and uca's but that is not an option now.the only thing i have left is to go back to stock(euwww) and hope to god it goes away$$$$$$$.thanks ahead for any imput.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of vibes are you haveing. Are they fron ther front, rear, all around?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
vibes

def. from the front the vibes start at 10ish to 55ish mph.when i put it in 4x4 they go away.i had this topic up on the 1st i think of jan.still didnt get anywere.im at wits end with it because this truck WAS so smooth and quiet before a SIMPLE lift was added.now it reminds me of the old chevy truck i used to have(piece of crap).ive tried diff. shim variations on the carrier and the front diff.nothing is working but i cant make it worse.thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Has it been aligned? Im assuming the tires are ballanced.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
SnoBoarder, has been working on a theory that the front diff is misaligned. I've been messing with it a bit(its damn cold all the time) and it seems to be helping.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess front diff, bc I had or have sometimes a slight vibe in the front aswell. The diff drop helped it out. Either that or tire issue, alignment or ballance.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #7

Send a PM to Snowboarder, and he can tell ya what he did on his truck. It helped quite a bit.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #8
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
vibes

thanks to all,i was in contact with snowboarder(hes not to far from me 2hrs).i did get his thery on paper and it was what i was thinking(awsome).im just concerned about replacing exspensive parts down the road,how far down,dont know.i just figured it was a simple thing to bolt on and go with no issues.just my luck.i just dont have the time(work,family,kids sporting event ect)to keep messing with it.we have a jeep that we go wheeling with (im a clean freak with my truck)i thought it would be cool if my tow rig had a lift as well.for now im going back to stock with it and install a set of air bags on the rear.i do thank everyone with their imput greatly. to be continued
Old 01-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Hardcore wheeler, try and keep up.... if you can.
SnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud ofSnoBoarder has much to be proud of

SnoBoarder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
SnoBoarder, has been working on a theory that the front diff is misaligned. I've been messing with it a bit(its damn cold all the time) and it seems to be helping.
I had pretty good luck with a specific vibe. I wanted to try a Diff Drop thinking it might help with a vibe that had been slowy increasing in intensity over the past 6 months. I had the diff drop kit laying around so I thought I'd try it out. Bad idea. I caused a brand new and rather intense 10-15 and 40-45mph vibe as soon as I installed it. The weird thing is the vibe remained just as intense even after I removed it. I was surprised because I expected that removing the diff drop and returning it back to the way it was would take me back to my relatively vibe free condition. I was really unhappy to put it nicely because that didn't happen, it was absolutely miserable to drive at certain speeds.

So I thought about it and deduced that when I broke the front diff mounting bolts loose and installed the drop spacers, I caused a small shift in the front diff position and had not returned it to exaclty where it was positioned originally or I had not acheived the same torque level from the factory installation, or a little of both. There's a small amount of play with the 2 main mounting bolts and brackets and I used a 2 foot breaker bar to break the bolts loose originally, and they were really tight, so I think this is plausible.

Anyway, I seemed to get it back to where it was with some trial and error, or maybe I just got lucky, IDK. I really can't know for certain because I made no measurements but the pic shows how I tried to pry it a little and I did push those bolts a little past spec, to at least 110FT/LBS while prying against the bracket. Maybe this is all BS, I'm not an auto mechanic, but I sure noticed when I hit the sweat spot because that miserable vibe was gone.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks im going to try that.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I measured from the bolt on the lower control arm to the metal band on the CV boot with a string hanging off it, I got it as close to the same as I could measure. I still have some vibes tho, 28-35mph or so. I think it might be a tire issue though.