1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting lift this afternoon

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cnew, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jul 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
    cnew

cnew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Goodyear AZ
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4x4 Sport
    Just a couple quick questions regarding the lift. I have the full OME kit with the Dakars. My plan is to start it after work, one of my main concerns is if I don't finish the front and rear tonight. I pulled the skid and removed the sway bar last night to get a jump on it today.
    Are there any issues I will have if I only finish the front and don't put the Dakar leaf pack in the rear (other than the crazy bro lean)? Worst case I will drive to work and home the following day only about 1.5 miles.
    Another question is anti-seize, is there anywhere on the front or rear that I should use it.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Jul 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Good choice on the lift. Did two lifts with another member in under 4 hours. He has done a lot of them & I helped and watched two nights earlier. You'll want help with the Dakars they are heavy. Get an alignment ASAP. Try it without the sway bar I run with out one as do a lot of others.

3. Jul 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    steve103

steve103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    santa cruz ca
    Vehicle:
    07 taco
    arb bumper,bilstein shocks,886 ome springs,ar mojove rims,2optima batteries,custom electrial.on board air,cb,14gal frontrunner water tank,frontrunner roofrack
    i have the same setup, did the front first then 2 weeks later the back, no prob.
    antisize any thing that you think you will need to remove latter. but lock tight is something that you do want to use. shakle bolts on the leaf is a good thing. front the same i do a lot of off road so for me i dont want anything to rattle loose. have fun, best to work on the front one day the back the next. make it easy for your self.

4. Jul 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    It took me about 3 hours for the rear, 4 hours for the front (not including the time it took to change out the springs/shocks in the front.

I did my rear a few days after my front. For me the truck couldn't take a corner faster than 5MPH without tires squealing a ton. I drove like a granny until I got things completed.

After installing the rear and going in for an alignment, the truck rides way better than stock TRD Sport.

Products Discussed in

To Top