Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Starting lift this afternoon

Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
cnew is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cnew's Tacoma Gallery
Starting lift this afternoon

Just a couple quick questions regarding the lift. I have the full OME kit with the Dakars. My plan is to start it after work, one of my main concerns is if I don't finish the front and rear tonight. I pulled the skid and removed the sway bar last night to get a jump on it today.
Are there any issues I will have if I only finish the front and don't put the Dakar leaf pack in the rear (other than the crazy bro lean)? Worst case I will drive to work and home the following day only about 1.5 miles.
Another question is anti-seize, is there anywhere on the front or rear that I should use it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice on the lift. Did two lifts with another member in under 4 hours. He has done a lot of them & I helped and watched two nights earlier. You'll want help with the Dakars they are heavy. Get an alignment ASAP. Try it without the sway bar I run with out one as do a lot of others.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
steve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve103 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steve
steve103's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same setup, did the front first then 2 weeks later the back, no prob.
antisize any thing that you think you will need to remove latter. but lock tight is something that you do want to use. shakle bolts on the leaf is a good thing. front the same i do a lot of off road so for me i dont want anything to rattle loose. have fun, best to work on the front one day the back the next. make it easy for your self.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
It took me about 3 hours for the rear, 4 hours for the front (not including the time it took to change out the springs/shocks in the front.

I did my rear a few days after my front. For me the truck couldn't take a corner faster than 5MPH without tires squealing a ton. I drove like a granny until I got things completed.

After installing the rear and going in for an alignment, the truck rides way better than stock TRD Sport.