Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100/Eibach Lift - Rear???

Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
5100/Eibach Lift - Rear???

Ok,as my truck sits now,my rear is exactly 2" higher than the front without the TSB. My plans are to put 5100's on all 4 corners and set the fronts at the .85 mark. In theory,this should get my front approximately .5" higher than the rear,however I want the truck to sit level. What do you all suggest me doing with the rear to compensate for that .5"? Does the 1.5" 3 leaf progressives give you a true 1.5" more than what I have now which is 3 leaf without the TSB? If so then that would put me back to 1" higher in the rear. I suppose that is better than the 2" I'm at now but just prefer the leveled out look. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
1/2" block. Any AAL will give you more lift than you want if you measured correctly.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Hdeuce22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Hdeuce22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
1/2" block. Any AAL will give you more lift than you want if you measured correctly.
Ugh @ blocks! Isn't that what most say to stay away from Pugga? I guess it's either that or just live with the 1" higher in the rear that AAL will give me huh? Sighhh

BTW,I measured from hub center.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to get Eibachs...set the 5100's to .85 and throw a 2" AAL on the back. My truck sits with factory rake with this set up:

Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdeuce22 View Post
Ugh @ blocks! Isn't that what most say to stay away from Pugga? I guess it's either that or just live with the 1" higher in the rear that AAL will give me huh? Sighhh

BTW,I measured from hub center.
I'm usually one of the people telling people to stay away from blocks but one as short as 1/2" won't do any harm. You end up with axle wrap from the tall 2 - 3" blocks.

If I were you, I'd get the front installed, see how it sits, then determine how much lift you want to give the rear.

To answer your original question, you will gain 1.5" over your current stance with the 3-leaf AAL. You can gain 2" if you keep the factory overload in place.