Notices

Opinions... 1/4" Spacer?

Old 07-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Commie is on a distinguished road

Navy: FRC West
Name: Andrei
Commie's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions... 1/4" Spacer?

So I recently got the Toytec Ultimate lift and after install my rear end was still way higher than the front with the AAL and 5160's. So I removed the AAL but left the axle shims in. That brought the back end down but still higher than the front. I cranked up the Radflo's with Eibach's up to give me a full 3" up front. The truck is close to level, however the ride up front is rougher than I want. Im thinking of getting a 1/4" spacer for the front which will give me another 1/2" inch of lift and I can lower the coils so they arent maxed out. Do you guys think this will be an issue and cause the ride to be stiffer? Any other recomendations?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
You have coilovers and want to stack a 1/4" top plate? There is a reason why coilovers aren't meant for 3" lift.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #3

Commie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
You have coilovers and want to stack a 1/4" top plate? There is a reason why coilovers aren't meant for 3" lift.
Im not stacking a 1/4" spacer on top of a coilover set at 3". Ill be lowering the coilover. Just wondering if that will cause any issues with ride quality
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #5

Commie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
this will improve your ride quality, lowering the coil over for a smoother ride from the reduction in the preload on the coil. do it up! i'm installing the same top plates on mine soon as they arrive!
Glad to see im not the only one! I know TW hates spacer lifts, but come on! Where are you getting your spacers from? I havnt ordered any yet
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100s set at 1.75, 1/4" top plate spacer, and stock coils for a total of 2.25" of lift. A few others are running the same thing. It's better than maxing out the shock. You're situation is slightly different but for what it's worth, there ya go.