Notices

Help me decide best for my needs!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help me decide best for my needs!

2012 silver dbl cab long bed - stock tires 265 65 17

So I have been on here reading tons of threads on lifts, I am still confused as to what I should get for my situation.

1st my needs: This truck is my daily driver 100km daily to work and back.
I am not going to wheel this truck hard at all the most will be some rough roads camping, fishing etc..
2nd wants: I want to lift the truck more for looks than anything else. I dont want to put 33's on it I dont even think 32's but I am not familiar with how these sizes work, I have been reading on that to.

I would like at the very least to level the front maybe go with bigger tires, maybe a little wider slightly higher not sure if I can with just leveling the front and no clue what size options I have.

Does it make sense for someone using the truck for what I will to spend the money on the Toytec ULK or the OME lift pkg that Toytec shows?

Or am I better off to do the 5100's all around with stock coils set the front @ 1.75 (is that still good ride quality?) add my tires and rims and be done with it?

If I did go with the Toytec ULK - can i set them at 2" and have a good ride still? and if i decide hey not enough i can raise it? that is what has me thinking.
The OME kit is going to be what height it is with no adjustment from what I can tell. I dont want to do any block or spacer lifts and i dont want to do any trimming either.

I dont mind spending the money but I dont want to waste money on a lift I am not going to use if I can get what I need at a more practical price.

Thanks...

This site is full of info and a little overwhelming for a newbie!!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where in are you ?

DCLB FTMFW
Ontario!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
if your wanting a more level look id probably say do 5100s all the way around and get eibachs to maintain a good ride with no preload on the billies.

plenty of room to fit some slightly larger tires.

but you really have many ways to go
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like 5100's set at the lowest setting and elbach coils is what you are looking for. As for tire size you should get 265/70/17.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where in are you ?

DCLB FTMFW
Booooooooo!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Raz4back's Tacoma Gallery
You would be fine just using Billies @1.75. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I prefer the ride of this setup over stock provided you replace the rear shocks with Billies as well. If you decide later that you want to go higher you will already have the shocks and you can just add either Eibach or OME coils.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetaco View Post
Ontario!
Oh

Well , welcome anyway
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Canadian Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz4back View Post
You would be fine just using Billies @1.75. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I prefer the ride of this setup over stock provided you replace the rear shocks with Billies as well. If you decide later that you want to go higher you will already have the shocks and you can just add either Eibach or OME coils.
What kind of lift height would I end up with after adding either of those coils?
And I am guessing it would still be adjustable based on the 5100's also.

What about in the rear? The 5100's in the rear don't provide any lift I am guessing, so I can always ALA or change out the pack?

Cost wise tho, if I do end up wanting to go higher say 2.5 would u end up spending more doing it this way or less with the complete Toytec ULK?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Do you plan on doing the work yourself? If yes I would buy the bilstein s first and try it on your stock coils see if you like it, if you look on hear or google tacoma with bilstein it should give you a good idea of what you will be getting. I think I'll be going that route soon and seeing how I like it.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885 coils , no top plate spacer , got me 2 1/2" of lift on my DCLB 4x4

The OME Dakar leaf pack got me 2 1/2" of rear lift
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
Raz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaz4back is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
What kind of lift height would I end up with after adding either of those coils?
And I am guessing it would still be adjustable based on the 5100's also.

What about in the rear? The 5100's in the rear don't provide any lift I am guessing, so I can always ALA or change out the pack?

Cost wise tho, if I do end up wanting to go higher say 2.5 would u end up spending more doing it this way or less with the complete Toytec ULK?
Eibachs with 5100s set at .85 will get you around 2.5, but will ride better than the 5100s set at 2.5. With the 5100s set at 0 OME 884s should get you at 2" and 885s should get you around 2.5".

The rear 5100s aren't adjustable, you would need an AAL.

I installed everything myself. For the Billies and AAL I've spent 400. I'm probably going to end up getting OME 884s when I go up to a 265/75/16 tire so that would be another $180-200.
Stock

5100s at 1.75 with non TSB 3 leaf rear

5100s at 1.75 with 1.5" AAL

Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
Canadian Redneck

If I do billies for now front and rear ad set them @ 1.75 that should level me out I have a 2012.... Should I do any kind if diff drop or anything else for that matter? I dot want anything f$&@in up on me
Old 07-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If I do billies for now front and rear ad set them @ 1.75 that should level me out I have a 2012.... Should I do any kind if diff drop or anything else for that matter? I dot want anything f$&@in up on me
I bought the 5100's front and back, and set the front at 1.75 and the look is great for anyone wanting a little more then stock lift and nothing massive. Doesnt really look right unless you get the 265/70/17 or 265/75/16 tires though. Lots of pics of my truck in my photos too
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #15
Quote:
Mine set pretty much dead level at 1.75. I think I was 1/4 inch higher in the front than back on the passenger side. You couldn't tell without actually measuring it. You shouldn't need anything other than the Billies as long as you don't go to 2.5. I have zero vibes even with a 1.5 AAL.