Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Warranty Voids

Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty Voids

Hey guys, buying a 2012 single cab tacoma in the next few weeks, and am determined it must have at the very least a leveling kit. Would like to do a 3" with AAL but just thought of the warranty issue. I assume any type of lift/bilstein leveling anything will void suspension warranty? I tried searching, sorry if this is a terribly easy/dumb question
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
The warranty will not cover the new parts so yes the stock suspension warranty will be void. And I'm pretty sure anything that happens because of the lift wont be covered either like torn cv and what not.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Also Welcome!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
They told me that if they think the lift was the reason the part or parts failed because of the lift, then yes it would void the warranty.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
you can go into the dealer and complain about a harsh ride when carrying weight, they will cover your reg cab as the VIN should be in the listing of the harsh ride tsb for the rear of the tacoma, what this will do is get you a new rear leaf pack that is basically like adding an add a leaf that lifts you up about 1.5 inches then get some adjustable billies for the front to match up your free rear lift! i originally put in a 2inch front lift spacer to keep the travel geometry completely stock in order to avoid any bs from the dealer if i had a problem.. it made the front a little stiffer and imo ride better
That includes the new 12's too? I thought they fixed that issue , wasn't that the point?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
They told me that if they think the lift was the reason the part or parts failed because of the lift, then yes it would void the warranty.
It doesnt void the whole warranty, just the part that was affected by the aftermarket part will not be replaced under warranty.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
That includes the new 12's too? I thought they fixed that issue, wasn't that the point?
Some 2012's come with the 4 leaf ( TSB ) pack , some do not
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Some 2012's come with the 4 leaf ( TSB ) pack , some do not

Ah okay. OP how many do you have?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a particular one picked out yet, actually selling my old z71 tommorow morning, then heading to dealer. Just wanted to get a heads up on this because of the IMO hideous factory rake! Thanks for the info though guys, appreciate it!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
AFAIK the harsh ride TSB never included regular cabs.