Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to fix Tacoma "Taco" Lean? Help

Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
AAyers75 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
AAyers75's Tacoma Gallery
How to fix Tacoma "Taco" Lean? Help

I got my Tacoma with 120k and didn't have the lean towards the DS but know it has 128k and has developed the lean. Its not a bad lean it just annoys me anyways I'm planning to install a 3" Pro Comp lift would this alone take care of the lean or would I need to install some additional counter measure like spacers.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bloodshart
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
A new lift and a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side will take care of it. a 1/4" spacer adds 1/2" of compensation lift due to the preload that it puts on the coil. Also, make sure that your rear leafs on the drivers side aren't soft, too. If you're replacing them when you do the Procomp kit, then you'll be good in conjunction with the front top plate spacer I mentioned. New springs in the rear, installed properly (most make the driver's side a little more arced to also help compensate for lean) will help.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
There's not much you can do to counter the lean as your truck sits right now. If you haven't bought the Pro Comp lift yet, look into the OME 3" lift it costs a little more but it will come with a 1/4" trim packer to counter the lean.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
AAyers75 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
AAyers75's Tacoma Gallery
I received my lift about a week ago but I wasn't planning on installing it until I have the money to buy the wheels and tires I'm wanting to install as well. So I'm going to look into Seabass's solution since I already have the lift.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
ummmmmm, HELLO...........try this

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Kxtech is on a distinguished road
Kxtech's Tacoma Gallery
I recently purchased a 2002 4x4 toyo tacoma double cab with $130000 miles, its in awesome shape inside and out, but noticed that it leans to the drivers side, (approx 3/4 of an inch). When i went to look at the truck at the dealership, prior to purchase they were replacing the rear leafs as well as the timing belt. From what ive found searching the net, its a common issue with the tacomas?
Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Fairly common. My 05 AC had the lean but the 08 RC did not. I actually bought 2 of the 1/4 inch spacers and put 1 on each side for 1/2 inch lift up front on the 08 when swapping out the base shocks for the leftover TRD Bilsteins never used on the 05. Not lifting this one any further and the 1/2 up front was just what I needed to level out and still have alignment right.