LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf spring problem! help

Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bkmcinty's Tacoma Gallery
leaf spring problem! help

Ok so i recently purchased an 08 dcsb prerunner. Im not sure if it has the tsb leafs or not and im not quite sure how to tell either way. The problem is the rear end starts "bouncing or hopping" at 55 mph and quits around 60 mph it drives me nuts bc its make the whole truck kinda bounce but i know its the rear bc when i look in my side view i can see the bed bouncing! Sorry for the long explanation but anyone heard of tgis? Maybe unbalanced wheel or bad leaf pack?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
bkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shedbkmcinty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone??
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
The tsb pack would have 4 leafs, I don't know about bouncing. My best guess would be an alignment issue but I'm mechanically retarded....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
try having your wheels balanced, if not then I'd suspect shocks
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I remember reading about a guy who 's truck wouldn't stop bouncing around at highway speeds. Turned out the shop that put the lift on didn't have the right psi in the tires, but he was also running 35's on a 6 inch lift.

I would check for that?
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #7

All good options but fyi i am stock height with all stock components for the next couple of weeks but id like to figure this out so the dealership will fix it under warranty before i lift it so they cant blame me!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmcinty View Post
All good options but fyi i am stock height with all stock components for the next couple of weeks but id like to figure this out so the dealership will fix it under warranty before i lift it so they cant blame me!!
If you're covered under warranty, take it to Toyota and let them diagnose it and repair it.

I would also suspect either an out of balance tire or you have a separated belt in one of the rear tires.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #9

Yeah i guess i just need to take it in and let them figure it out bc i still have about 10 months/10k miles more of bumper to bumper and two years powertrain left but tires arent covered under either.....
Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
mechanically retarded

Like I said could.be something as simple as a psi issue or as others said a balancing issue. Might as well have then check.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #11

I could take one on my phone but how can i get it here as a post?? I'll go take video meow....
Old 07-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
mechanically retarded

I've never done a video on here but YouTube woodwork or photo bucket maybe :nature:
Old 07-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
mechanically retarded

Oops would work * and

Auto correct