Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
is this all i need?

3" Lift Kit w/med front coils and rear AALs, diff drop,
UCA'S
Also I have a 07 acess cab offrd pkg.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
that pretty much covers it. You should consider new Upper control arms, and new front shocks for the best performance.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
everyone is saying get the bilstein 5100's is that the fron shocks or the rear? could someone send me a link please? Also where does everyone order there Upper control arms from?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The "5100" Bilstiens are a MUCH better shock than the factory OEM Bilstiens, and are a good upgrade. They can be found at Downsouth Motorsports.
For the UCA's, most people are running Total Chaos.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
5100's cover both front and rear...granted they are different shocks, but labeled for the same series
Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Bilstein 5100s, the Toytec Bilstein Coilovers and the Light Racing UCAs from Toytec. Sonny from DownsouthMotorsports sells the Bilstein shocks (I think most of us bought from him). He is a member on this board. Send him a PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable Front Coil Over Kit for Stock Bilstein Shocks is this all i need to lift 3" if i have a TRD model truck.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
is this a good deal what do the shocks usually go for
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-09...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
Adjustable Front Coil Over Kit for Stock Bilstein Shocks is this all i need to lift 3" if i have a TRD model truck.
The adjustable coilover kit doesn't work with the stock shocks.

Quote:
Yeah, that's Downsouth Motorsports. Great guys. I bought mine off him as well as A LOT of other people here... I believe Sonny's partner is also a member of this forum.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM him directly. You'll get them for $269.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
do the stock shocks have to be replaced cause this is entirely for looks i will be doing no off roading
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
do the stock shocks have to be replaced cause this is entirely for looks i will be doing no off roading
If you go with the adjustable coilovers from ToyTec, then yes, they have to be replaced because they don't work with the stock shocks.

Another option are the 5100s with the stock coils (up to 2.5" of lift) or I think you can use the stock shocks with the OME springs. However, it's recommended to replace the shocks with the springs because you're gonna get a better ride.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
how much do u guys think i will be looking at if i go with the toytec option with new shocks and everything else i need.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
From toytec website:

299 for the lift
289 Front OME shocks
30 Diff Drop
169 Rear OME shocks
20 Axle Shims
70 Extend SS Brake Lines

that's 877 bucks so far

but it depends what shocks you go with and I didnt even put UCAs on there...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
From toytec website:

299 for the lift
289 Front OME shocks
30 Diff Drop
169 Rear OME shocks
20 Axle Shims
70 Extend SS Brake Lines

that's 877 bucks so far

but it depends what shocks you go with and I didnt even put UCAs on there...
You dont need the extended brake lines. With a little tug, the bracket can be positioned perfectly.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #18

Here's what I paid for mine...

ToyTec adjustable coilovers, diff drop and 2" AAL - $567.90 shipped
Total Chaos UCAs from WheelersOffroad.com - $690 shipped
ToyTec machined top plate for front shocks - $151.99 shipped
Bilstein 5100s from DSMS - $269 shipped
ToyTec Shock extenders - $28 shipped
6 top studs for top plate to mount to truck - $15 from Toyota*
Lifetime Alignment from Firestone - $149**
Installation - $25 (for pizza. Installed myself with a friend)
Total - $1895.89
Old 01-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #19
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
and all u guys think it is a good investment of about $1200 u can definetly tell a diffrence.