LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3 INCH LIFT WITH COILOVERS????

Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb
NEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to behold

Name: JAKE
NEWBIETACO's Tacoma Gallery
3 INCH LIFT WITH COILOVERS????

Since everyone was a negative nancy to my 6 inch question I am looking at a 3 inch kit of some sort in the front and all pro leafs for the rear. What should I go with I want 3 inches and 33's but will also eventually run relentless fab bumper and winch. Will toytec coilovers sag to much with this setup, will OME be 3 inches with 886 coils and top plate spacers? I will be getting new uca's just want it a 3 in the front. Any pics with a replacement bumper and coilovers would help thanks for all yalls help
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Coilovers cranked to 3" and even higher for a heavy bumper is a no no. I would suggest OME with a top plate to get 3". Even 5100 with Eibach.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
Dezert Shredder
TacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to beholdTacoShredsn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoShredsn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TacoShredsn
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBIETACO View Post
Since everyone was a negative nancy to my 6 inch question I am looking at a 3 inch kit of some sort in the front and all pro leafs for the rear. What should I go with I want 3 inches and 33's but will also eventually run relentless fab bumper and winch. Will toytec coilovers sag to much with this setup, will OME be 3 inches with 886 coils and top plate spacers? I will be getting new uca's just want it a 3 in the front. Any pics with a replacement bumper and coilovers would help thanks for all yalls help
I just got this setup and I'm more than happy with it. I recommend you do this kit with the all pro leafs if you have the cash.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39119

Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
yea a lot of people are running the 3" eibach lift springs with the adjustable 5100's this is probably the most bang for your buck. OME is a good choice also. coilovers are like 2x the price of these but they ride much better
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
NEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to beholdNEWBIETACO is a splendid one to behold

so would going with the OME
Front coil options: 886
Top plate spacers: yes
Rear Options: OME dakar
Front Diff drop kit: no

or should I not get those leafs and do the AllPro leafs?
does this sound good for 33's loaded with front bumper and winch and rear bumper?
Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

it should work. you can also rebuild your rear leafs for like $70. you just get a donor leaf pack from the junk yard, take some leafs off and put it on your stock ones
Old 07-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
Coilovers cranked to 3" and even higher for a heavy bumper is a no no. I would suggest OME with a top plate to get 3". Even 5100 with Eibach.
Why is this a no no? I want to run 33's maybe a little bigger and have a relentless front bumper and winch, is icon a better choice. Its ok a good friend of mine is a cut off wheel
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
i've got a set of icon extended travel coilovers for sale. $800 shipped
Buy those.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
505 Member

Quote:
Why is this a no no? I want to run 33's maybe a little bigger and have a relentless front bumper and winch, is icon a better choice. Its ok a good friend of mine is a cut off wheel
because its bad for your CV boots, they could tear due to the severe angle. also, you wont have much down travel since the spring is preloaded
Old 07-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your ride will suck.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
because its bad for your CV boots, they could tear due to the severe angle. also, you wont have much down travel since the spring is preloaded
Oh ya I know about the cv angles I thought yall meant its no no to have a coilovers with a winch and bumper. I was confused because Ive seen a bunch of yall running them with replacement bumpers I like the Icons and the Walker Evans from allpro. Never had IFS so I got a bunch of questions used to straight axles sorry.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
505 Member

Quote:
Oh ya I know about the cv angles I thought yall meant its no no to have a coilovers with a winch and bumper. I was confused because Ive seen a bunch of yall running them with replacement bumpers I like the Icons and the Walker Evans from allpro. Never had IFS so I got a bunch of questions used to straight axles sorry.
the only thing IFS is good for is desert runnin