Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st Gen Lift question on fitting tires

Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Lift question on fitting tires

A guy at work is selling me some Dick Cepek Mud Country tires. $50 a piece, so I can't pass it up and two of them have 65% tread left.

Anyhow, they're 285/75-16... Which puts them right at 33", maybe just a hair over if anything... Will these fit with the standard 5100 shock and 880 spring lift in front, and maybe a 1inch body lift ? In the back I'll just do shackles and AAL temporary until I can get new leaf packs.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
What wheels are you going to run?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
What wheels are you going to run?
Not sure yet... I'll probably go with an 8 inch wide, don't really want to spend more than about $125 per wheel. I'll have to see what my options are.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
With 285s i think there will be slight rubbing. Thats with the 5100s with ome coils (about 3 inches of lift)
Old 07-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
With 285s i think there will be slight rubbing. Thats with the 5100s with ome coils (about 3 inches of lift)
Think I'd be alright if I threw a 1" body lift on it ???
Old 07-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Think I'd be alright if I threw a 1" body lift on it ???
If you dont wheel a full 3" with correct wheels and backspacing you won't rub much and if you do just trim some. If you do 3" suspension and 1" BL then chances are you won't rub and no trimming needed. It all factors in as to what brand tires and wheels you buy. All the tire MFG specs come out a little larger or smaller even tho it maybe be 285's.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
If you dont wheel a full 3" with correct wheels and backspacing you won't rub much and if you do just trim some. If you do 3" suspension and 1" BL then chances are you won't rub and no trimming needed. It all factors in as to what brand tires and wheels you buy. All the tire MFG specs come out a little larger or smaller even tho it maybe be 285's.
Good deal... Thanks for the advice man