Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" Procomp Lift

Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
caglezxj is on a distinguished road
caglezxj's Tacoma Gallery
6" Procomp Lift

I am looking at buying the 6" Procomp lift. where is the best place to buy the lift. I have been looking at 4wheelonline.com and to get the wheels and tires 35" tires and the lift will be around 3500.00 They might discount it if I buy it as a package deal.

Josh
Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
jagwar is on a distinguished road

jagwar's Tacoma Gallery
Show us the final product with a picture,thinking about the same thing...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
texastaco is on a distinguished road
texastaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to texastaco
i had 4 wheel parts lift mine. Be careful of the tires you select. I originally put the 35/12.50r17 ProComp Extreme A/T. These tires are larger than almost ANY other 35" tire due the the carcass. Rubbed like hell. I ended up putting the BFG Mud Terrains, and they didn't rub near as bad. When I buy my next set, i will probably go to the Goodyear M/T b/c their 35 is actually right at a 34" tire and will probably clear fine. The Stage II also rides substantially better than the Stage I (they swapped to the Stage II to try to get a little more lift to get rid of the rubbing. It helped, but they syill rubbed, especially in reverse. You can see pic's of my truck in the gallery area (Texastaco). I am actually upsizing to a Tundra tomorrow for work purposes, but have done a ton of work to my Taco and am happy to answer any questions. Also, I am averaging right at 15 MPH with the 35's and the truck is a dog off the line. You may consider changing the gear ratios to get a little more umph, but then you will also lose more mileage. Good luck!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Buy all the tundras you can, lol. I work for Toyota Motor Manufacturing and we build the Tundra engines. I really want to stay around a 33" but there is no lift for a Tacoma to do that. I can find a 35" that measure 35, or smaller I am sure. I will keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastaco View Post
i had 4 wheel parts lift mine. Be careful of the tires you select. I originally put the 35/12.50r17 ProComp Extreme A/T. These tires are larger than almost ANY other 35" tire due the the carcass. Rubbed like hell. I ended up putting the BFG Mud Terrains, and they didn't rub near as bad. When I buy my next set, i will probably go to the Goodyear M/T b/c their 35 is actually right at a 34" tire and will probably clear fine. The Stage II also rides substantially better than the Stage I (they swapped to the Stage II to try to get a little more lift to get rid of the rubbing. It helped, but they syill rubbed, especially in reverse. You can see pic's of my truck in the gallery area (Texastaco). I am actually upsizing to a Tundra tomorrow for work purposes, but have done a ton of work to my Taco and am happy to answer any questions. Also, I am averaging right at 15 MPH with the 35's and the truck is a dog off the line. You may consider changing the gear ratios to get a little more umph, but then you will also lose more mileage. Good luck!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #5
You NEED a tire NO BIGGER than 34" or it will rub....especially in reverse or if you go Stage I!! I am actually running 305/65r17 Extreme M/T's right now. If you want to see pics of it, let me know and I'll send them to you. I am literally on my way to Tejas Toyota in Humble to do the trade.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastaco View Post
You NEED a tire NO BIGGER than 34" or it will rub....especially in reverse or if you go Stage I!! I am actually running 305/65r17 Extreme M/T's right now. If you want to see pics of it, let me know and I'll send them to you. I am literally on my way to Tejas Toyota in Humble to do the trade.

send me some pics pm. sent
Old 08-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
nmb_cole is on a distinguished road
nmb_cole's Tacoma Gallery
Gears after lift

I am putting a 6 in lift and 35 inch tires on my truck. Will I also need to change my gears while I am at it?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
I don't think you really need to change the gears unless you are going to be doin some serious wheeling! If you are and do change the gear, count on some really, really bad gas mileage. i was getting about 15 mpg after the modification.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
nmb_cole is on a distinguished road
nmb_cole's Tacoma Gallery
I already paid for the 6 inch
Old 09-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
My 6" and 35 " tires are installed and I have put about 1,000 miles on it. I also put a k & n cold air intake system on it as well to help out, and I m talking with TRD about a supercharger. I would like more power but it is not that bad. I love it, and it turns many heads. I have pics up in my other thread.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
irockiks is on a distinguished road
irockiks's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to irockiks
Hey guys, I'm in the market in buying the 6" Pro Comp Lift Kit. Where would I get a good price for the Kit, wheels and tires?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #14
Shop around. I was able to pick everything up from 4 wheel parts. They will match or beat anyone elses price.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
b168 is on a distinguished road
b168's Tacoma Gallery

this is my rig. with 4.56 gears
Old 09-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking of selling my 6inch pro comp lift so i can go long travel
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #17
b168 is on a distinguished road
b168's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
im thinking of selling my 6inch pro comp lift so i can go long travel
did u regear ur rig? if so what ratio
Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by b168 View Post
did u regear ur rig? if so what ratio
nope its stock it has alot of power still it will burn out both tires on dry concrete and still do 95 on the highway but i do have to use 4low when im in the sand if its deep
Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
THE RED DRAGON!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Let me know if you decide to sell.
sure i mean the only thing ill want is the cross member piece that you cut out and alittle $$ you are 4x4 right