Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' fabtech lift, do I need to put manual locking hubs on

Old 07-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Oreo is on a distinguished road
Oreo's Tacoma Gallery
3'' fabtech lift, do I need to put manual locking hubs on

I am new to this forum stuff, so I apologize if I'm not doing this in the proper manner. Anyways, I just bought a 0-3.5" fabtech suspension lift kit and I was reading that if I plan on raising the adjustable front struts above 2" then I would need to install manual locking hubs. I was reading further and found out that their are three different types of hubs. First being manual, second being automatic, and third being ADD (which means you can shift on the fly). I have a 2000 toyota tacoma, with the ADD or shift on the fly. Fabtech specifically states if you plan on raising your truck above 2'' then you need to install manual locking hubs from the auto ones. Technically I do not have the auto hubs but the ADD ones. If I do need to put on manual locking hubs, Why? is it because the wiring is to short? can I still shift on the fly if I engage manual locking hubs? Please respond, Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
No.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
avaldez99 is on a distinguished road
avaldez99's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to get the same kit are the shocks/parts any good kit cost $740 with free install that saves me about 600 bucks and can use that for a bumper.??? Should I just spend the extra money and get the lift kit from toytechlift with bilstein for 1000 bucks.Note I will off road only about once a month in big bear ca for camping driving on fire road. During the week high way driving. So confused to many options and kits.