Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which springs?? any ideas??

Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
which springs?? any ideas??

I'm a little torn on a decision I need to make. So I"m asking for some opinions.
First off, I DID NOT have the rear spring TSB done. ( I was too late to the party) I"m looking to get a mild lift on the back end but mainly help for towing/hauling. My choices are
a: Deaver leaf pack
b: OME Dakar leaf pack

Who is running either of these and do you like them? Are they comfortable on the road as I'm mostly on the highway.
Can you do a AAL later on if need be for either setup?
I tow-- a lot! So hopefully either of these will hold up as a new addition on my ride.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
What about shocks? Use the OME ones with these or Bilstein?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the OME dakars with the OME shocks. Great ride on and off road, really sucks up the big unexpected hits. I got these springs because like you I was too late for the TSB, and the stock springs suck. The OME will haul way more then the Deavers. I looked at the Deavers but I think they would decrease load carrying over stock from what I found.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
das56170 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st Lieutenant
das56170's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift would OME Dakar leaf springs provide. I've looked at other leaf packs (allpro, alcans, deavers) and they all say that they decrease payload capacity, which is why i haven't bought any of these. I already have AAL, but they already seem to be sagging a little...and I want better on/off road handling without sacrificing too much payload capacity.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't measure anything for some dumb reason when I installed my lift, but I would say around 2 1/2" of lift.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #6
Where did you buy the OME leaf springs. On this website I've been reading a lot about OME coils, but there doesn't seem to be that much info about their leaf springs. Are there different spring rates or different springs for different amounts of lift.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Deavers are great!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #8
Does anyone have any complaints about the OME dakars? I have a 3" lift up front and seriously considering them now. (in replacement of AAL)

So, from what I've read this is what I understand: They give a couple of inches lift while maintaining or increasing payload capacity, and they handle well. They are actually cheaper than Alcans and Deavers.

Any further input?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #9

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
I also have the OME dakars with the OME shocks. Great ride on and off road, really sucks up the big unexpected hits. I got these springs because like you I was too late for the TSB, and the stock springs suck. The OME will haul way more then the Deavers. I looked at the Deavers but I think they would decrease load carrying over stock from what I found.
So how much lift did you gain?? I don't want a lot of lift on mine. If I lift it up too high I then need to get a ball with a significant drop in it. That reduces towing capacity by virtue of imparting leverage on the drop bar which is not good.
I see those guys in jacked up Chevy's towing with a 8" drop bar and I'm thinking that has to be stressing severly at the hitch.
I didn't look at your build yet, what do you have up front?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #10

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME 885 up front, it will lift the back end at least 2 inches over stock. As long as you don't go over your tongue weight rating you should be fine.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #11
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
There was a member on here that had the TSB rear springs for sale.

Here is the link to the post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...oyota-tsb.html
Old 01-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Forester View Post
There was a member on here that had the TSB rear springs for sale.

Here is the link to the post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...oyota-tsb.html
and he wanted to much for something he got for free, it would be better off spending a little more and getting alot better product
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Another great Idea are the Firestone Air Bags!

You get the best of both worlds! I have them on my truck and I love them-
Instead of adding a replacement leaf pack- or add-a-leaf that changes the ride quality, the bags are there when you need them- not too bad on price either. I tow a trailer to the desert and level the truck out-same factory ride, then when I get home just let the pressure out and again- same ride quality!