1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll: Front Suspension...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by pgiroua, Jul 14, 2012.

?

Which set up will achieve the best ride comfort?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2012.
  1. Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with original coils (100,000 miles)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with newer (used) SR5 coils

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with newer (used) OFF ROAD coils

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0" with new 1.6" Eibachs coils (and 3/4" block for back)

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  1. Jul 14, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    **DECIDED TO GO WITH OME 883's OVER BILSTEIN 5100's SET AT 0". THANKS FOR THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME!**

Looking for help everyone. I am pretty much upgrading my suspension very soon. I will be replacing the spindles with 4" Maxtrac spindles along with Bilstein 5100 adjustables up front. In the back I will have the Bilstein 5100 extended series shocks and an All Pro leaf pack (3"). I was planning on running the Bilsteins up front at 0.85 with my stock SR5 coils (100, 000 miles).

This is where I am torn. Should I replace the coils with a newer set of SR5 coils, newer set of OFF ROAD coils or a new set of Eibach coils?

From what I have read the SPORT, SR5 and OFF ROAD coils are all interchangable. The only difference being that the OFF ROAD coils are progressive. My main concern is ride comfort.

What is my best bet to achieve the best ride comfort? Please keep in mind that I will have to add a 3/4" spacer to the back to level out the back with the front if I go with the 1.6" Eibachs and I am not sure how that would affect the ride. Please give me as much information as you possibly know as it will all be taken into consideration.

Forgive me for any spelling/grammatical errors as this was written with my phone.

Thanks!

2. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Eibachs will give you a better ride than preloading the other springs.
    Why would you need to add 3/4" to the back if you are raising the front 1.6" and the back 3"?

3. Jul 15, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    pgiroua

pgiroua [OP] Geaux Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    Royce
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Fog Lights "a la Caribe Style", 20% Tint, csjumper2003's LED's (dome, map lights, park lights), Sylvania ZXE headlights and fog lights, Tonnopro Bed Cover, DTRL on any time mod by piercedtiger, Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100's (front and back), OME 883 Coils, All Pro Standard Leaf Pack
    The spindles will raise the front approximately 4" on top of the 1.6" for a total of 5.6" in the front. I definitely want it to sit level or maybe just a little rake.

Products Discussed in

To Top