LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Poll: Front Suspension...

View Poll Results: Which set up will achieve the best ride comfort?
Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with original coils (100,000 miles) 1 10.00%
Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with newer (used) SR5 coils 1 10.00%
Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0.85" with newer (used) OFF ROAD coils 1 10.00%
Adjustable Bilsteins set at 0" with new 1.6" Eibachs coils (and 3/4" block for back) 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Poll: Front Suspension...

**DECIDED TO GO WITH OME 883's OVER BILSTEIN 5100's SET AT 0". THANKS FOR THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME!**

Looking for help everyone. I am pretty much upgrading my suspension very soon. I will be replacing the spindles with 4" Maxtrac spindles along with Bilstein 5100 adjustables up front. In the back I will have the Bilstein 5100 extended series shocks and an All Pro leaf pack (3"). I was planning on running the Bilsteins up front at 0.85 with my stock SR5 coils (100, 000 miles).

This is where I am torn. Should I replace the coils with a newer set of SR5 coils, newer set of OFF ROAD coils or a new set of Eibach coils?

From what I have read the SPORT, SR5 and OFF ROAD coils are all interchangable. The only difference being that the OFF ROAD coils are progressive. My main concern is ride comfort.

What is my best bet to achieve the best ride comfort? Please keep in mind that I will have to add a 3/4" spacer to the back to level out the back with the front if I go with the 1.6" Eibachs and I am not sure how that would affect the ride. Please give me as much information as you possibly know as it will all be taken into consideration.

Forgive me for any spelling/grammatical errors as this was written with my phone.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Eibachs will give you a better ride than preloading the other springs.
Why would you need to add 3/4" to the back if you are raising the front 1.6" and the back 3"?
Old 07-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #3
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Eibachs will give you a better ride than preloading the other springs.
Why would you need to add 3/4" to the back if you are raising the front 1.6" and the back 3"?
The spindles will raise the front approximately 4" on top of the 1.6" for a total of 5.6" in the front. I definitely want it to sit level or maybe just a little rake.