Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Camber issue/resolution?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
tacodavid is on a distinguished road
Name: David
tacodavid's Tacoma Gallery
OME Camber issue/resolution?

I will start this off by stating I am by no means mechanically inclined. I purchased a used 2010 Tacoma TRD Offroad and have been happy with it and simply wanted more height. I got a Toyota dealership installed OME 3 inch suspension lift done last week.
I'm already regretting getting this done as the rides much poorer than it was before and when taking even minor bumps in the road it feels like its slamming into the dash (if that makes sense). As well the front wheels are angled in towards the bottom (camber?) I've had it back to the dealership once already, spent three hours there and was told everything is fine, and that the camber is at its maximum adjustment and that its normal that the wheels will wear on the outside.
I've got another appointment with them tomorrow.....is this really the way it is? I see plenty of Tacomas around here with lifts and their tires are straight.
Thanks for any help
Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Your adjustment for camber and caster may be limited if you are running the stock UCA's
Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
tacodavid is on a distinguished road
Name: David
tacodavid's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks....and how would I fix that?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Check this out. There are several companies that make UCAs.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoma.htm
Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodavid View Post
Thanks....and how would I fix that?
As posted above , there are lots of options

I got the Light Racing UCA's for my own truck as I liked the adjustability as well as the booted ball joint for my winter driving conditions
Old 03-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
davem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to beholddavem311 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 13F Forward Observer
Name: Dave
davem311's Tacoma Gallery
good questions, i just had 3" pro comp installed and same thing with camber. Haven't taken it back to shop yet, will on Monday. Wanted to see if anyone else had same issues.