1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Camber issue/resolution?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacodavid, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    tacodavid

tacodavid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 TRD OffRoad
    I will start this off by stating I am by no means mechanically inclined. I purchased a used 2010 Tacoma TRD Offroad and have been happy with it and simply wanted more height. I got a Toyota dealership installed OME 3 inch suspension lift done last week.
    I'm already regretting getting this done as the rides much poorer than it was before and when taking even minor bumps in the road it feels like its slamming into the dash (if that makes sense). As well the front wheels are angled in towards the bottom (camber?) I've had it back to the dealership once already, spent three hours there and was told everything is fine, and that the camber is at its maximum adjustment and that its normal that the wheels will wear on the outside.
    I've got another appointment with them tomorrow.....is this really the way it is? I see plenty of Tacomas around here with lifts and their tires are straight.
    Thanks for any help

2. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Your adjustment for camber and caster may be limited if you are running the stock UCA's

3. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    tacodavid

tacodavid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 TRD OffRoad
    Thanks....and how would I fix that?

4. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    TMW

TMW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Light bar and bumper guard, 3/16 steel skid plates for engine, tranny and transfer box, OME 881 springs with 5100 shocks at mid clip. AAL in rear. Positraction rear diff.
    Check this out. There are several companies that make UCAs.

5. Jul 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    As posted above , there are lots of options

I got the Light Racing UCA's for my own truck as I liked the adjustability as well as the booted ball joint for my winter driving conditions

6. Mar 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    davem311

davem311 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4. El Taco Blanco.
    3" Pro Comp Lift. Toyo At2 285/70r18. Pro Comp Alloy Rims. TRD Intake. Fogs Anytime Mod. Oil Catch Can. SnugTop Rebel Shell. Weather TEC floor mats. Mirror Mod. Garmin Etrex Hardwire.
    good questions, i just had 3" pro comp installed and same thing with camber. Haven't taken it back to shop yet, will on Monday. Wanted to see if anyone else had same issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top