Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SLOPPY front end

Old 07-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
HumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HumboldtTaco707's Tacoma Gallery
SLOPPY front end

I know that my front shocks and coils are done for and need to be replaced (probably due to my insanely rough road to my house), my drivers side cv boot is leaking, and my truck leans to the drivers side and the 2nd leaf from the bottom on that side is slightly off from the rest of the stack, and i have a shitty plastic spacer lift in the front (guy that owned truck before me). I have very uneven wearing on my tires and im trying to figure out what is causing such bad alignment, or is it all of those combined?
I plan on removing the spacer lift this week n see what that does. What do you guys think? Anyone else have crooked leafs too? Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My stockers were not perfectly aligned but it's fine. The spacer will cause uneven wear if you don't get it aligned after you lift it.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
HumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
My stockers were not perfectly aligned but it's fine. The spacer will cause uneven wear if you don't get it aligned after you lift it.
yeah im more worried about my tires to be honest haha shit aint cheap plus its a yote! the body is meant to be beat! Thanks for the help though ill be taking those off n getting an alignment tomorrow
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you are on the right track. remove that crap lift. while your under there I would install some billstein 5100 shocks or look for a good used set of TRD billsteins. I have some that I will sell you if you are interested, they only have around 13-15k miles on them.

get the truck aligned and replace tires if needed.

PM me if you are interested in my TRD billsteins
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
sounds like you are on the right track. remove that crap lift. while your under there I would install some billstein 5100 shocks or look for a good used set of TRD billsteins. I have some that I will sell you if you are interested, they only have around 13-15k miles on them.

get the truck aligned and replace tires if needed.

PM me if you are interested in my TRD billsteins
If its a good price im interested.