Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking to Lift 2011 Tacoma Double Cab TRD

Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Jcahill1 is on a distinguished road
Jcahill1's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to Lift 2011 Tacoma Double Cab TRD

I just recently purchases a 2011 Tacoma TRD Double Cab, and I have been looking into lifts for it well before I even purchased the vehicle. What I am looking to do is just a 3" lift, but also I want to be able load heavier things in the bed of the truck. Budget wise I thinking a max of $1,500. If I have to go a little higher for something that is alot better for a little difference in price I can. Any suggestions?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
OME/Dakar at all four wheels with Ride Rite air bags for your heavier loads. I'm considering the Ride Rites myself (already have the OME/Dakar lift and completely satisfied). Should be under $1300.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
OME/Dakar at all four wheels with Ride Rite air bags for your heavier loads. I'm considering the Ride Rites myself (already have the OME/Dakar lift and completely satisfied). Should be under $1300.
Very good choice and lots of folks on here with this setup. Here is a link:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the Toytec 3" with Eibach Coils and rear shocks (you can add rear Dakar leaf packs). Total cost without shipping, $1528.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME kit. 885 coils up front and Dakars in the rear. I wouldn't bother with air bags on top of the Dakars unless you get them installed and then decide they're too soft (doubtful, they're pretty beefy). You should plan on new UCA's also. Light Racing are the cheapest and can be found at Fat Bob's Garage or Metaltech Off Road.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
Jcahill1 is on a distinguished road
Jcahill1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Cowboy View Post
Here is the Toytec 3" with Eibach Coils and rear shocks (you can add rear Dakar leaf packs). Total cost without shipping, $1528.

I was actually looking at this set up, now if I went with this would I be able to be about to handle heavier loads? or should I still think about the air bags with the lift?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Full OME kit. 885 coils up front and Dakars in the rear. I wouldn't bother with air bags on top of the Dakars unless you get them installed and then decide they're too soft (doubtful, they're pretty beefy). You should plan on new UCA's also. Light Racing are the cheapest and can be found at Fat Bob's Garage or Metaltech Off Road.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
yep, what he said