Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bought used LR UCAs. Came w 4 washers per UCA?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
schleygo's Tacoma Gallery
Bought used LR UCAs. Came w 4 washers per UCA?

I watched the vid here

http://www.spc-tv.com/install/lt-suv...trol-arms.html

I read the instructions on the same webpage. Plus I searched this website.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...install-3.html

Question. I bought my LR UCAs used on fleabay. Each UCA came w 4 washers. Do I need to install a washer on each side of where the bolt goes thru the frame of the truck? The stock UCAs just had the large washers on the outside where you tighten the UCA down. Do I just reuse the 2 large washers that came off the stock UCA?

I got the truck torn down now and stuck. Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
schleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to beholdschleygo is a splendid one to behold

It appears that there is space for 2 washers on the inner part of the UCA.

I can not find any info on washers being used on both sides of the UCA during install
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Read the directions again, it's all in there.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LR comes with 4 for each side, one on each side of each mounting location. OP, make sure you tighten the bolts down with the truck loaded up on the UCA's otherwise you will blow the bushings.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...all-video.html

Should be 2 washers on the outside and 2 on the inside.

http://www.spcalignment.net/instruct...70-INS_WEB.pdf
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
LR comes with 4 for each side, one on each side of each mounting location. OP, make sure you tighten the bolts down with the truck loaded up on the UCA's otherwise you will blow the bushings.

Copy.

Ok. I will use all 4 washers for the LR UCA.........and dont tighten completely until uca has a load on it.

Thanks
Old 07-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Nice, I was just on a search for that pdf.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OP, make sure you tighten the bolts down with the truck loaded up on the UCA's otherwise you will blow the bushings.
Read the very last sentence in parentheses in instruction #7 on the pdf linked...
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Read the very last sentence in parentheses in instruction #7 on the pdf linked...
Interesting. That because they are using the new SpecRide bushings?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Interesting. That because they are using the new SpecRide bushings?
I do believe that changed with the new bushings , yes
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is true if they have the old bushings
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I do believe that changed with the new bushings , yes
Your bushings still holding up?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Your bushings still holding up?
Seem to be fine so far