LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

newbie suspension questions...

Old 07-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
islandyoda is on a distinguished road
islandyoda's Tacoma Gallery
newbie suspension questions...

I have a 09dbl cab lb trdsport with the rear tsb and I'm looking to get a small lift along with wheels and tires and a few other upgrades.
There are so many options out there for lifts and so many experienced people on here...... I come for advice. Here are my questions...

My truck is a daily driver, mainly city+highway, and unfinished gravel roads. Trails to cool off beat camping spots, some old logging roads, wet, muddy/snowy seasonal conditions. Some light off road spots i've been to in friends trucks that would be nice to do one day maybe..

Will the ride quality be improved/better with coils (say eibach or an ome lift) than just 5100's all around with the fronts @ 1.75?

If I go with just 5100's rear+front@1.75 and no coils is it recommended to get new control arms? or only if I go with coils/more lift?

If I go with just the 5100's is it recommended to use a diff drop kit or anything to help angles? Assuming in all cases that if i use just the 5100's they are only set at 1.75.

Will new LR upper control arms improve ride quality or just help improve angles?

The spring rate is 620lb of the eibach coil, will that stiffen my ride up noticeably or just provide lift? or both?

Will a rear 1.5 aal stiffen up the ride or provide lift? or both?

I don't want to have so much lift that I wish I got 285's cause my 265's will look small compared to lift..

My original plan was to go with a complete lift package from toytec - http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

anyone have experience with this kit?

Im going to go with a 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 or 275/70/17 duratrac or bfg a/t (considering 255/80/17 but limited tire options)in hopes to keep the mud flaps as the consistant gravel roads eat my friends tacoma paint up quick...

proposed 16" wheel procomp 7089 16x8 4.5in backspace
http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail...0073&plID=3635

proposed 17" wheel the same procomp wheel in 17" or raceline 893 monsterblack wheel 17x9 5in backspace http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-550-...ter-black.aspx

noone has either of these wheels where i live

LR upper control arm is a possiblity..

Should I stick with the suspension route im going with the complete kit? or be just getting the 5100's and save some money? or looking to make some bigger changes? ride quality is a big concern for me, some plastic cutting is fine if needed. (i have read of some minor cutting even with 265 depending on wheel/tire setup)

any answers, advice or input is appreciated!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that is a lot of questions...I would suggest doing a little more research I know it seems overwhelming and there are a lot of options but you will find the answers to your questions and more here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...over-edge.html

This is where I was after doing all the reading I could stand and now I am just waiting on all the parts to arrive.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
yea i honestly cannot read that. im an engineer, we cant read. maybe if you were doing some calculus or differential equation stuff

anyway, i would just search around and read everything you can
Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
yea i honestly cannot read that. im an engineer, we cant read. maybe if you were doing some calculus or differential equation stuff

anyway, i would just search around and read everything you can
That's true for every engineer I work with. I'm always better off drawing a picture.