Notices

OME lift lessons learned

Old 07-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
abnranger80 will become famous soon enough

Army: Retired Army
Name: Nick
abnranger80's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift lessons learned

So i ordered some 886's with shocks for front and year along with dakar pack. so i put them on and noticed front was 2 1/4 lower than the rear. Well i was ordering the add a leaf for the dakar pack so it would sag when i hauled my quad and said f*ck it and went against all the rules and got the toytec top plate thinking hey it will level it out a bit. well everything is on and wow is there a massive gap in rear fnder well and mickey thompson 285/70/r17 tires. It makes those tires look tiny. The front looks good but the drivers side is now 1/2 inch lower than the rest of truck and everything is installed identical and drivers side has trim packer and it rides like a wagon. So im taking that spacer off and no more good idea fairy for me and also if you get that add a leaf you better be hauling a truck bed full of concrete cause it takes massive amounts of weight to even move the truck down a millimeter my ltr-450 didnt even budge it and it weghs around 400lbs. hope this helps somebody. cause i didnt listen to the millions of tacoma world folk and now i paid.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I am glad you admitted that we were right... Spacers aren't made for comfort.