Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just purchased Light Racing UCA

Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Just purchased Light Racing UCA

Just purchased Light Racing UCA-uploadfromtaptalk1342664376187.jpg
Finally got tired of my low caster. Hopefully these will improve upon my 1.4 caster.
Question for anyone with these. When I install these and set the caster on the arms to 2* will it push my tire into the rear fender? Anyone experiencing any squeaking with the new specride bushings. Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it will... the point of LR is so you can add 1 deg caster and move wheel less rearward.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
After I installed mine it was night and day with how stable my steering was. It was a little squirly on the highway with my stock UCA's. The light racing arms have a lot of adjustability, just hopefully you find a competent tech who does your allignment. The tech at the shop could not understand that my aftermarket UCA's had extra adjustment.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the middle of installing mine on my 1st gen. Have a question. I am going to set them at the "zero" setting (+2 degrees caster), but I am not sure where to set the camber setting. Havent seen anybody talk about this so I'm wondering if it's a relatively new addition to the LR uca's. Should I just eye ball it to get me to the alignment shop? Explaining to those tards is going to be fun...
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
I'm in the middle of installing mine on my 1st gen. Have a question. I am going to set them at the "zero" setting (+2 degrees caster), but I am not sure where to set the camber setting. Havent seen anybody talk about this so I'm wondering if it's a relatively new addition to the LR uca's. Should I just eye ball it to get me to the alignment shop? Explaining to those tards is going to be fun...
Most guys just pull the ball joint all the way out. Buddy and I put a level on mine. Wasn't much difference to be honest (was moved in maybe 1/8" inch?). I got a 2nd gen though. Not sure if there is a difference.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmm, yeah they must be different because I can pull/push mine in/out about 1" plus or minus. Guess I'll just pull it all the way out and try to talk with the alignment tech. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
Hmmm, yeah they must be different because I can pull/push mine in/out about 1" plus or minus. Guess I'll just pull it all the way out and try to talk with the alignment tech. Thanks for chiming in.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Mine has the same amount of adjustment. I just meant that I only pushed the ball joint in about an 1/8" from all the way out to get the wheel vertically level.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Mine has the same amount of adjustment. I just meant that I only pushed the ball joint in about an 1/8" from all the way out to get the wheel vertically level.
10-4!