Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1.5" or 2" aal with sagging leafs?

Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" or 2" aal with sagging leafs?

My leafs are sagging pretty bad. The rear looks to be only about 1/4" higher than the front. I'll be using billy 5100s in the front. Do you think I should run a 1.5" or 2" aal? I'll be towing my dirtbike in the bed on a regular basis and will be hauling it 1800 miles to Phoenix soon so I have a feeling they will sag rather quickly. Thanks guys/gals.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, its a dcsb and i'll be setting the front at 1.75".
Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
add a leaf pack is not your fix, they are intended for non sagging already trashed leaf packs.

A new leaf pack either used from craigslist, junkyard or a full aftermarket is your safest and best overall option.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #4
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just looking to lift the rear end a bit. I don't have the cash for 2 new leaf packs.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
He's right, putting an AAL into a leafpack that's already trashed is just a band aid. Next year, the AAL will have sagged also from trying to pick up the slack from the crapped out leaf pack and you'll be looking for a new AAL.

A replacement leaf pack would be a much better solution or maybe something like air bags to help out your leafs when towing or hauling.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
He's right, putting an AAL into a leafpack that's already trashed is just a band aid. Next year, the AAL will have sagged also from trying to pick up the slack from the crapped out leaf pack and you'll be looking for a new AAL.

A replacement leaf pack would be a much better solution or maybe something like air bags to help out your leafs when towing or hauling.

Not Mine........
Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Not Mine........
Doug, I always forget to suggest your solution!

OP, check out 4WD's leaf pack solution. He basically tears apart a leaf pack from a full sized truck and inserts the leafs into a stock Tacoma pack. It's cheap and has pretty good results.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doug, I always forget to suggest your solution!

OP, check out 4WD's leaf pack solution. He basically tears apart a leaf pack from a full sized truck and inserts the leafs into a stock Tacoma pack. It's cheap and has pretty good results.

You better get your shit together Mike or you aren't going to be a product field rep. for me very long......
Old 07-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You better get your shit together Mike or you aren't going to be a product field rep. for me very long......
I thought I was the safety coordinator? I didn't know I was supposed to be sales also, I gotta do everything around here
Old 07-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Doug, have u seen this guy try to sell shit?

Look at his lights man.

Ur screwed

This is true, they have been for sale for quite a while...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought I was the safety coordinator? I didn't know I was supposed to be sales also, I gotta do everything around here
Quote:
Doug, have u seen this guy try to sell shit?

Look at his lights man.

Ur screwed

Quote:

This is true, they have been for sale for quite a while...
Back to safety monitor for you dude, or its straight commission .....
Old 07-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #12
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't hijack my thread.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
Please don't hijack my thread.
I'm sorry dude....

Quote:
Ok...........dakars and nitros