Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift options

Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Lift options

So I have been looking into getting an Icon Stage 2 kit for a week or so, and trying to weigh my options on which lift to get. I have been emailing back and forth with a guy at down south motorsports about my situation and what my options are. He proposed this kit:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-50...-5-system.html

....but I have never heard of it before. In all honesty I'm not sure what all it's doing. The only thing I do know is that it comes with 5100s all around and they said it will get me a 4.5" lift. 4.5" would be perfect, but the quality of the icons seems to be more along the lines of what I'm going for if I'm going to pay 2k for a kit. Here is the link for the icon stage 2:

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-89...2wd-6-lug.html

So it seems the icon will get me a 2.5-3" lift, while the other will get me 4.5. However I'm unsure of what drawbacks the 5100 kit has. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
RCD is a drop bracket kit and the Icon isnt.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Icon will be better off road and RCD on road. Icon will require more trimming.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Membor
Cowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura aboutCowboyz has a spectacular aura about

Name: Luke
Cowboyz's Tacoma Gallery
The Icon lift will get you actual lift where the RCD is a drop bracket lift. If you dont mind trimming get the Icon, if you dont want to trim very much get the RCD, procomp, or Fabtech lifts.

if you dont offroad you probably dont need the Icon lift. But if you offroad i would get the Icon lift
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #5
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm throwing around the idea of getting the stage 1 and adding the icon leaf pack and icon tube UCAs. I was going to purchase from DSM also. I want to run 275 tires on stock rims...I hope there isn't that much trimming needed with 275s.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
SteveoATC is on a distinguished road

SteveoATC's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up. I like to off road, so the icons will be the better bet.