1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

***HELP*** Light Racing UCA Alignment ***OHIO***

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nick54, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Jul 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Ever since I installed my LR UCA's I haven't been able to find an alignment shop here in northeast Ohio that knows how to get er done. I see many lifted trucks of all makes and models driving around, so if your anywhere in Ohio and drive a lifted Tacoma with LR UCA's and were able to get a good alignment - please, please let me know the name of the shop that got it right. I'm pretty much open to going just about anywhere I have to.

2. Jul 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    BUMP for Ohio Help

3. Jul 20, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    Did you give your shop the instructions that came with the uca's?

4. Jul 21, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Yes, About a year ago I installed bilstein's & Eibach coils and LR UCA's. I took it to them 3 times, first - 3hrs, second - 2hrs, third 1.5hrs and I came away with to much caster something like 3.7 or 3.8 if I remember correctly. I figured enough was enough.

Fast forward to now, installed King coilovers went back for alignment. I told them I could give instruction that would make this much easier and told them exactly how to align the truck according to Chris Hinds of Specialty Products Co (Light Racing) and was told "my best tech is on it, he'll get it" 3 hours later numbers were great but tires scrubbed the rear of the front wells. I called them and told them I would need another appointment and suggested the tech talk directly to Chris. I gave them his number and waited to be contacted again.

They called me back and told me they wanted to refund my lifetime alignment costs and send me on my way. Pissed. CAlled Chris and he said they never got ahold of him so he called them. Waiting to hear back from shop.

Sitll looking for a fallback shop that can do an alignment without doing just what the machine says to do and are willing to learn how to align with adjustable UCA's.

5. Jul 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    No one is going to touch those UCAs. Or it's unlikely. You'll need to set your UCAs where you think is best then have them to a standard alignment.

And as long as it drove fine and didn't rub, 3.7 is fine.

6. Jul 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    It Rubs!

7. Jul 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Why not just back the caster off in the BJ of the UCA's and get another alignment ?

Products Discussed in

To Top