Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

***HELP*** Light Racing UCA Alignment ***OHIO***

Old 07-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
***HELP*** Light Racing UCA Alignment ***OHIO***

Ever since I installed my LR UCA's I haven't been able to find an alignment shop here in northeast Ohio that knows how to get er done. I see many lifted trucks of all makes and models driving around, so if your anywhere in Ohio and drive a lifted Tacoma with LR UCA's and were able to get a good alignment - please, please let me know the name of the shop that got it right. I'm pretty much open to going just about anywhere I have to.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Did you give your shop the instructions that came with the uca's?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Did you give your shop the instructions that came with the uca's?
Yes, About a year ago I installed bilstein's & Eibach coils and LR UCA's. I took it to them 3 times, first - 3hrs, second - 2hrs, third 1.5hrs and I came away with to much caster something like 3.7 or 3.8 if I remember correctly. I figured enough was enough.

Fast forward to now, installed King coilovers went back for alignment. I told them I could give instruction that would make this much easier and told them exactly how to align the truck according to Chris Hinds of Specialty Products Co (Light Racing) and was told "my best tech is on it, he'll get it" 3 hours later numbers were great but tires scrubbed the rear of the front wells. I called them and told them I would need another appointment and suggested the tech talk directly to Chris. I gave them his number and waited to be contacted again.

They called me back and told me they wanted to refund my lifetime alignment costs and send me on my way. Pissed. CAlled Chris and he said they never got ahold of him so he called them. Waiting to hear back from shop.

Sitll looking for a fallback shop that can do an alignment without doing just what the machine says to do and are willing to learn how to align with adjustable UCA's.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
No one is going to touch those UCAs. Or it's unlikely. You'll need to set your UCAs where you think is best then have them to a standard alignment.

And as long as it drove fine and didn't rub, 3.7 is fine.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
It Rubs!
Why not just back the caster off in the BJ of the UCA's and get another alignment ?