Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ride quality for 3" pro comp?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
Silver DCLB is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
Silver DCLB's Tacoma Gallery
ride quality for 3" pro comp?

been considering some 3" lifts. im not gonna be doing much offroading in the mud and probably never any rocks or desert stuff. just wondering how good the ride quality is for the 3" pro comp lift?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver DCLB View Post
been considering some 3" lifts. im not gonna be doing much offroading in the mud and probably never any rocks or desert stuff. just wondering how good the ride quality is for the 3" pro comp lift?
If its the blocks and top spacer. I wouldn't do it if you value your truck. I would suggest Bilstein 5100's if you was on a budget.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The procomp is known for being about the stiffest riding 3" lift around.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
^X2

Save your $ for a better lift if you can (coming from experience)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Silver DCLB is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
Silver DCLB's Tacoma Gallery
if i got it i would get the one with the leaf in the rear instead of blocks. but i do like the 5100 3" lift. i just need something that's not gonna do a lot of wear and tear on my truck and has a pretty smooth ride.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s are a great choice for the money. i should have gone that route. since you're a prerunner, you might want to look into a spindle lift. they usually generate 3-4" of lift and ride as good if not better than stock.

oh, and you dont see too many laurens county people on here.