Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 question

Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
5100 question

i'm dropping my truck off this afternoon to get 5100s installed and some other suspension items. i'm reading the instructions i found online (mine came with none) and it talks about placing the circlip in the appropriate groove to adjust ride height. i never really took a good look, is the circlip on the factory shock? if not, i don't think my shocks came with it.

forgive me if my question is stupid, i've never worked with adjustable shocks before and i dont really remember anything like this on cars that i have worked on. i want mine on the stock ride height groove, so i don't know if it even applies.

here is what mine came with...

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like there's a little clip on the bottom notch, no?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I can see the clip on the lowest setting in the pic you posted.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I can see the clip on the lowest setting in the pic you posted.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
DERP!

it looked like it was part of the actual shock housing. you guys are right
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #7

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which one is me?

Too slow
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm hot

Yeah, not bad