Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" Lift....Any recomendations?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
mtlheadhntr is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Richie
Location: Live in South GA / From Milwaukee, WI (WI boy at heart)
mtlheadhntr's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift....Any recomendations?

Whats up! I have an 05' 4x4 Access Cab and I will be ordering a 3" lift here very soon. I talked to a guy that drove my same truck and he used a 3" Rough Country lift and said he loved it. Im sure people have there opinions but what do people recommend? Keep in mind that I dont want to spend a shit load. Thanks for the input!!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Rough Country is a spacer lift. Some have said that it will give you a harsh ride.

Look into Bilstein 5100's instead. Check out www.wheelersoffroad.com and www.toyteclifts.com for lift ideas and prices, etc.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
toytec has some great lifts. whatever you get.......im gonna recommend aal's in the rear, and coils for the front. i'd stay away from blocks and spacers.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
I recommend going with a replacement strut instead of a coil spacer any day! Not only do you get the increased height but also get better ride quality both on and off road! Not to mention that the price difference is minimal- but your getting a specific Bilstein strut that has multiple height adjustments. The best feature is that you wont have that squishy stock ride- and bottoming out!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
I am new to lifts and all that crap so here it goes. I really dont offroad much if ever other than going through some mud and water on my hunting property. I wont be climbing mountains or crawling through rocks or any of that. I pretty much want it for looks along with the "possibility" of decent performance. I hear people say spacer lifts and some say AAL's. What I desire is something under $350, minimal change in ride quality and something that I can put in myself. I appreciate your help on this since it will be you guys selling it to me, not some Jackass in a BS auto shop trying to rip me off. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here is a good priced lift....good quality too man......

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

and if you have 4x4...........get a diff drop too.....around $25 or so.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlheadhntr View Post
I am new to lifts and all that crap so here it goes. I really dont offroad much if ever other than going through some mud and water on my hunting property. I wont be climbing mountains or crawling through rocks or any of that. I pretty much want it for looks along with the "possibility" of decent performance. I hear people say spacer lifts and some say AAL's. What I desire is something under $350, minimal change in ride quality and something that I can put in myself. I appreciate your help on this since it will be you guys selling it to me, not some Jackass in a BS auto shop trying to rip me off. Thanks!
I've seen Billy 5100's F&B running as cheap as around $279

ToyTech AAL $79 @ ToyTech

Meets your price, Looks good, and most give good word on these products.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Keep in mind that I have not done any other mods to the truck at all. If I go with a Toytec 3" lift kit w/ med front coils and rear AAL's will I need to replace any of my shocks? It seems to me that more people are recommending this lift more that any other. If I went with this kit and a differential drop you guys think this would be decent? Once again, thanks for the help!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Keep in mind that I have not done any other mods to the truck at all. If I go with a Toytec 3" lift kit w/ med front coils and rear AAL's will I need to replace any of my shocks? It seems to me that more people are recommending this lift more that any other. If I went with this kit and a differential drop you guys think this would be decent? Once again, thanks for the help!
i think it would be a great kit for you.........and you use the stock shocks with it. that and a diff drop........then an alignment...you're all set!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i think it would be a great kit for you.........and you use the stock shocks with it. that and a diff drop........then an alignment...you're all set!
Would I be better off going w/ the light front coils or med front coils? The Toytec site says med coils only if I have aftermarket bumper or any of that stuff. I wont put on a bumper but I am gonna do a grill gaurd of some sort.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would I be better off going w/ the light front coils or med front coils? The Toytec site says med coils only if I have aftermarket bumper or any of that stuff. I wont put on a bumper but I am gonna do a grill gaurd of some sort.
what cab do you have?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #16

i still think i'd go with the med. coils.........they wont sag no where as quick as the light springs............not that they are gonna sag quickly, just a comparison.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i still think i'd go with the med. coils.........they wont sag no where as quick as the light springs............not that they are gonna sag quickly, just a comparison.
+1

Quote:
Im starting to narrow this down, THANK GOD!! What would you guys recommend for a differential drop kit? Does it matter?
4x4, yes get the diff drop.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #20
You guys are badass!!! Thanks for all the help. Im learning alot just by BS'ing with ya! One question I have is some people say to stay away from the rear AAL. What is the downside to them?