Notices

5100's at 2.5 with/without UCA's

View Poll Results: Yes/No
Yes I HAD to install new UCA's and did 9 16.36%
No I DID NOT have to install UCA's and its fine 39 70.91%
No I didn't have to, but I wish I did anyways 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
5100's at 2.5" with/without UCA's

Looking for a poll on who did and didn't need to get the UCA's when the put their 5100's at 2.5 in the front. Looking forward to the results
Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
k9cinco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
k9cinco's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt
Old 07-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, stock uca's
Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Kept my stocks with no problems. When I add some Eibachs i may concider the UCA's.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys. Im one of those guys who is not exactly sure what i want to go with because of the gap in price if i need then UCAs. How is the rid so far? I was told the 5100's would be a rougher ride when they are set at 1.75, but when I went from the stock Bilsteins (yellow/blue) to the 5100s at 1.75, I didnt notice anything, and felt smoother if anything. Any difference at 2.5?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't get the alignment right and dropped back to 1.75". Still isn't right but that's because I'm dealing with idiots at the alignment shop though that will be rectified in the morning. Anyhow, I voted for the top one.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
Brrap634 is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Brrap634's Tacoma Gallery
Stock UCA's on mine but they are on my wish list...
My alignment is still within spec as well

Old 07-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
Brrap634 is on a distinguished road

Name: Terry
Brrap634's Tacoma Gallery
Ride is a slightly a bit stiffer but your in a truck not a Cadillac
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #11

There's got to be more guys who needed them. I hope everyone votes because its a good poll for anyone with the question
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
dhutch is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dhutch's Tacoma Gallery
Nope, OEM UCA for my boy..
Old 07-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #13

Everyone should write their setup with everything to tires/rim size/ lift to give a better idea. Wouldnt some be a bit different?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Everyone should write their setup with everything to tires/rim size/ lift to give a better idea. Wouldnt some be a bit different?
That just confuses the question , no ?

I mean , what are you asking , if it will align properly with 2 1/2" of lift and stock UCA's or ?
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
5100 @ 1.75 + 1/4" top plate spacers = 2.25" lift, better ride, just an option
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
ccurtis0805 will become famous soon enoughccurtis0805 will become famous soon enough
Name: cale
ccurtis0805's Tacoma Gallery
5100 at 1.75", stock UCAs, and stock 245 tires (saving for some 265 ATs). taking it in for the rear tsb Wednesday. I love the ride over the stock shocks.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The problem with this poll is it doesn't take into account what folks will tolerate. I'll tell you for a fact that my tires were wearing unevenly (beveled outside edges) with my truck at 2.5" (camber at .7+). Others will tell you theirs aren't and they haven't had a problem yet you ask them and they have the same camber. I do not accept my tires wearing out 10K miles sooner because the camber is jacked up but that's just me.

I did get mine aligned again today, with the truck at 1.75" front, and the camber is now down to .5+ so hopefully I'm good for a few months until I can get new UCA's. Then I'll go back to 2.5".

This stuff actually gets annoying because I sit here and say to myself, "Why is it that all these guys can go to 2.5" and have no problems but not ME?" lol
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
The problem with this poll is it doesn't take into account what folks will tolerate. I'll tell you for a fact that my tires were wearing unevenly (beveled outside edges) with my truck at 2.5" (camber at .7+). Others will tell you theirs aren't and they haven't had a problem yet you ask them and they have the same camber. I do not accept my tires wearing out 10K miles sooner because the camber is jacked up but that's just me.

I did get mine aligned again today, with the truck at 1.75" front, and the camber is now down to .5+ so hopefully I'm good for a few months until I can get new UCA's. Then I'll go back to 2.5".

This stuff actually gets annoying because I sit here and say to myself, "Why is it that all these guys can go to 2.5" and have no problems but not ME?" lol
ya true. thats why i had to ask. seems weird how there are people on both sides of the fence. Im thinking about just sticking at 1.75 and 4th tsb in the rear anyways.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
Kylie's dad

^That's pretty much what I did, though Toyota REFUSED to do the TSB (I dealt with corporate, even) so I went with a 1.5" AAL. Hey, you do that for now and then upgrade later on.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Check your own poll. 80% are fine with stock UCA and 5100's set at 2.5. When I added 285/70/17's I noticed that it would wander a bit on ruts and bumps. However, when I put my stock sized studded winter tires on that fall, it drove fine. I figure it's the big ass tires and not the lift.