Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front 5100 thread pitch

Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Front 5100 thread pitch

Posting this so if anyone has the issue I had it will show up in a search...

I was going to put my top plate spacers on my truck and the nut on the top of the driver's side shock would not come off. Got about half way off and froze solid. Not sure what happened. The shocks are only a couple of months old and have only been on the highway. I installed them myself and didn't remember any issues with the nut going on. Anyway, I ended up having to use my sawz-all and cut down the side of the nut parallel to the shaft of the shock. Then had to chisel it off. Next I had to figure out the thread pitch. Turns out it is a 12mm x 1.25. Bought a die at NAPA and a new nut at Ace Hardware. All is good now, but for a little bit there I thought I had ruined a shock.