Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach and 5100 pics.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach and 5100 pics.

I've been looking for pics of a second gen access cab with 5100's and eibachs up front also without a tsb or aal. I just got new tires a few months ago and cant really afford to replace them with bigger ones for make an aal not look goofy with small tires. if anyone has stock rear suspension with 5100's set at 0 with eibachs please leave some pics. on a side note i have 265/70/16 tires. thanks
Old 07-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Jack the front end of your truck up roughly 1.6" and take some pics
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
that crossed my mind, ill probably do that tomorrow for a rough figure but i would like to see a picture of a truck that actually has that setup due to conflicting measurements from people.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
every truck is different......u may see between 1.5 and 1.75"

BTW I ran stock sized tires for about a year with eibachs, TSB and 1.5 AAL..........didnt look too out of place at all IMHO
I'm still running Eibachs and an AAL with stock sized tires. Doesn't look bad in my opinion. Here are some pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5418187

If you scroll up that page a little bit, you can see the same setup with 265/70R17 tires (the stock size tires are Bridgestone Dueler blackwalls, if you see Cooper AT3's, those are the 265/70R17)
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm still running Eibachs and an AAL with stock sized tires. Doesn't look bad in my opinion. Here are some pics:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5418187

If you scroll up that page a little bit, you can see the same setup with 265/70R17 tires (the stock size tires are Bridgestone Dueler blackwalls, if you see Cooper AT3's, those are the 265/70R17)
exactly what i was hoping to see. thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
What would happen if I set an 5100 to 1.75" with an eibach spring?
Not a good idea. With that much preload you'll be well over 3" of lift so there's a whole bunch of potential issues you could run into including: increased wear on the CV joints and boots, coil binding, UCA's hitting the coils and a very rough ride.

Why would you want to do that, are you trying to get more lift?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #8
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What would happen if I set an 5100 to 1.75" with an eibach spring?
something you dont want, the eibach coils do the lifting, to much pressure on the coil can be a bad thing and that puts alot of preload on the coil. Ive heard of peeps doing .85 with eibach coils and getting 3 inches up front
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not a good idea. With that much preload you'll be well over 3" of lift so there's a whole bunch of potential issues you could run into including: increased wear on the CV joints and boots, coil binding, UCA's hitting the coils and a very rough ride.

Why would you want to do that, are you trying to get more lift?
yes on my DCSB 4x4 i just wanna bring it up to a full 3" and with the added weightof the DC.... It was just a thought. Getting the eibach's soon though. So the .85" setting on the 5100's would in theory give me 3"?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yes on my DCSB 4x4 i just wanna bring it up to a full 3" and with the added weightof the DC.... It was just a thought. Getting the eibach's soon though. So the .85" setting on the 5100's would in theory give me 3"?
yes! check out threads with .85 and eibach springs
Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #11

Quote:
check this guys build page, he has a DC with eibach's and bilsteins set at .85

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...er-bullet.html
Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DCLB and Billies with OME 885's and I set the billies on .85 but didnt get 3", I set them up one more notch and got my 3" and the CV's look just fine. I think the Eibachs should be close to what the OME 885's are since you set the billies to the same height for 3" of lift. A smaller truck would probably not have to preload past .85
Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eibach coils on 5100's set at .85 will get you to around 2.5" of lift. To get to the full 3" of lift, Toytec makes a kit for it that puts a thicker top plate spacer on top of the 5100/Eibach combo. Here's the 3" kit that Toytec sells:

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 07-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
I have a DCLB and Billies with OME 885's and I set the billies on .85 but didnt get 3", I set them up one more notch and got my 3" and the CV's look just fine. I think the Eibachs should be close to what the OME 885's are since you set the billies to the same height for 3" of lift. A smaller truck would probably not have to preload past .85
You've got 885's on 5100's set to 1.75?!?! Unless the 885's were horribly worn out, that would get you a lot more lift than you'd want unless you have a drop bracket.

Either way, the Eibachs are a stronger coil than the OME coils and shouldn't be preloaded that much (either should those 885's but that's your problem).
Old 07-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Eibach coils on 5100's set at .85 will get you to around 2.5" of lift. To get to the full 3" of lift, Toytec makes a kit for it that puts a thicker top plate spacer on top of the 5100/Eibach combo. Here's the 3" kit that Toytec sells:

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Ok so we would't be dangerously preloading the eibach coil. The build on this thread
is a prerunner, so I'm thinking the extra weight of the front axle diff and T case might be an issue to get the full 3"
Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
RAGE!!!!
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You've got 885's on 5100's set to 1.75?!?! Unless the 885's were horribly worn out, that would get you a lot more lift than you'd want unless you have a drop bracket.

Either way, the Eibachs are a stronger coil than the OME coils and shouldn't be preloaded that much (either should those 885's but that's your problem).
I got them brand new, and wheel the Taco every weekend, wheeled MOAB with them, I dont have a drop bracket and I am sitting level with my All Pro standard leafs, and my CV's are just fine, fins aent even touching. Its weird because so many people say ewhat you said and have been wrong. I dunno if its because I have a DCLB V6 or what but I dont have moe than 3" of lift, thats for sure.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
RAGE!!!!

Sorry for the speeling errors, stupid sticky keys
Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so we would't be dangerously preloading the eibach coil. The build on this thread
is a prerunner, so I'm thinking the extra weight of the front axle diff and T case might be an issue to get the full 3"
You can safely set the 5100's to .85 with the Eibachs, there's no harm there at all. The top plates don't add preload, they set on top of the top plates.

In that build thread, he would have gotten around 2.5" from the 5100's and Eibachs and then added a 1/2" spacer on the driver's side and 1/4" spacer on the passenger side for some additional lift and to counteract the infamous 'Taco Lean'. I'd be willing to bet he was just shy of the 3" mark with that setup (maybe not because he has a prerunner). The Toytech kit has thicker top plates to get you to 3" of lift, then you'd add the 1/4" spacer on the driver's side to account for the Taco Lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
I got them brand new, and wheel the Taco every weekend, wheeled MOAB with them, I dont have a drop bracket and I am sitting level with my All Pro standard leafs, and my CV's are just fine, fins aent even touching. Its weird because so many people say ewhat you said and have been wrong. I dunno if its because I have a DCLB V6 or what but I dont have moe than 3" of lift, thats for sure.
That's nuts... Lots of people got 2.5" of lift, even on DCLB with 5100's at 0. I've heard of some people kicking the 5100's up to .85 as the 885's settle but you're the first I've heard running them at 1.75.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #19

Quote:
you would be fine with this setup
Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #20

I think it's time to invest in a good wal mounted spring compressor so I can play around with the settings when my eibach's come....... Lol I wish I could afford one!