Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

.85 setting: OME 885 vs Eibach

Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
.85 setting: OME 885 vs Eibach

I recently installed a cap on the truck and it made the rear a lot more smoother. So now the front feels really stiff. I'm thinking of possibly changing up my coils. Currently running eibachs @ .85.

Would the taller OME spring (1.75" w/588lbs rate) be a smoother ride than the Eibachs(1.6" w/620 lbs rate)??? They will both be preloaded at .85.

I'm trying to get my front as close to 3" as possible with a smooth ride w/ out selling my first born for some coilovers.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you preload the OME coils? They are taller than the Eibachs and will put you at the same amount of lift as your current setup when set to the 0 setting. To answer your question though, the lower spring rate should soften the ride up a bit.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Ok here's another thought between the two lifts. i know OME with 885 springs can support say an aluminum relentless fab bumper and winch and not make the front droop much. my question is can the billies set at .85 and eibach coils do the same? or would they sag?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Dan View Post
Ok here's another thought between the two lifts. i know OME with 885 springs can support say an aluminum relentless fab bumper and winch and not make the front droop much. my question is can the billies set at .85 and eibach coils do the same? or would they sag?
The Eibachs are a strong coil. They'll support the weight fine but I don't know for how long. The older 885 coils would sag over time but OME changed their production process and the new 885x coils have better resistance to sagging. I don't know how Eibach coils are made so I can't say how long they'd stand up to the additional weight.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
k thanks pugga, still debating on which lift to run.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
After about 10months with the 5100 and 885 set up (stock bumper), the 885s settled abit as expected. Set the 5100s to the .85 setting and took me right back to the same height i had when i first installed them, which was about 3.25"
Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
After about 10months with the 5100 and 885 set up (stock bumper), the 885s settled abit as expected. Set the 5100s to the .85 setting and took me right back to the same height i had when i first installed them, which was about 3.25"
Are they the new " x " coils ? Mine haven't moved in over a year
Old 07-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are they the new " x " coils ? Mine haven't moved in over a year
I dont believe they are, but either way when I say sag, it wasnt really all that much at all. I think i went from maybe 3.25 to almost 3 exact
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Why would you preload the OME coils? They are taller than the Eibachs and will put you at the same amount of lift as your current setup when set to the 0 setting. To answer your question though, the lower spring rate should soften the ride up a bit.
I would preload it cause according to wheelers its only 1.75".
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I got 2 1/2" of lift on my DCLB with 885's , no top spacer
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
^^This. The Wheeler's site is incredibly misleading with their OME stuff. On an unloaded, unarmored Tacoma, you'll get more than 1.75". You'll be a lot closer to 2.5"+ as OZ-T stated, 3" with the top plate spacers.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I dont believe they are, but either way when I say sag, it wasnt really all that much at all. I think i went from maybe 3.25 to almost 3 exact
so you over got 3 inches with just 5100s and 885s huh? I thought it only gave about 2.5 maybe 2.75. No spacers or anything added? Im about to just order 5100s if so and skip the more expensive nitros. I can get all 4 less than 2 nitros. And I dont offroad much at all.

edit you must not have spacers cuz u put em at .85.......do you have UCAs?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
so you over got 3 inches with just 5100s and 885s huh? I thought it only gave about 2.5 maybe 2.75. No spacers or anything added? Im about to just order 5100s if so and skip the more expensive nitros. I can get all 4 less than 2 nitros. And I dont offroad much at all.

edit you must not have spacers cuz u put em at .85.......do you have UCAs?
Keep in mind, he might have gained 3" over where he was pre-lift. If his original coils were shot and sagging badly, he might have gained 3" over his OEM setup but only be 2.5" over a stock Tacoma. It's all relative.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that with OME shocks? Are the spring perches at different heights between OME and billies@0?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that with OME shocks? Are the spring perches at different heights between OME and billies@0?
Spring perches are the same between Nitrochargers and Billies at 0. I believe OZ is running Nitrochargers though.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that with OME shocks?
Yep

Hasn't moved at all in over a year

DCLB 4x4
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
So you guys are saying if I put 885 OME front coils on my 5100's, and set it at 0, I should have 2.5" of lift? That would be nice, and I'm guessing a sick ride still
Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
So you guys are saying if I put 885 OME front coils on my 5100's, and set it at 0, I should have 2.5" of lift? That would be nice, and I'm guessing a sick ride still
Your reading comprehension is impeccable
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #19
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Your reading comprehension is impeccable
I would be mad at the sarcasm, but it was needed lol
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I would be mad at the sarcasm, but it was needed lol
Sorry, I couldn't resist