Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension experts needed :)

Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 AM   #1
omac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant future

Name: Marqus
omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension experts needed :)

My current set up:

I bought my icons about 3 months ago and unfortunately to get the ride height that i want, i had to crank up the coilovers, as u can see in d picture, resulting to somewhat of a stiffer ride. What are my options to be at my current ride height or higher (max 3 inch of lift) but putting my coilovers back to zero or just at 1 inch? I was doing research here and im really liking how d spindle lift looks but i unfortunately i have a 4x4 truck and it said spindles dont work with 4x4? Did i understand that right? Ultimately, i also want to add the Allpro 3in leaf pack for the rear, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac5 View Post
My current set up:

I bought my icons about 3 months ago and unfortunately to get the ride height that i want, i had to crank up the coilovers, as u can see in d picture, resulting to somewhat of a stiffer ride. What are my options to be at my current ride height or higher (max 3 inch of lift) but putting my coilovers back to zero or just at 1 inch? I was doing research here and im really liking how d spindle lift looks but i unfortunately i have a 4x4 truck and it said spindles dont work with 4x4? Did i understand that right? Ultimately, i also want to add the Allpro 3in leaf pack for the rear, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again
Get a higher spring rate coil. You can lift with less preload.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My current set up:

Your correct about the spindles, they are for 4X2.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
omac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant futureomac5 has a brilliant future

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Get a higher spring rate coil. You can lift with less preload.
How do i go about doing that? U mean I change out my current coils to the higher spring rate coil. Can any shop swap d coils or i have to send it to icons. Thanks again
Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do i go about doing that? U mean I change out my current coils to the higher spring rate coil. Can any shop swap d coils or i have to send it to icons. Thanks again
Call Downsouth Motorsports (or a local shop if you have a GOOD local off road shop). You can either get a higher rated coil or a taller coil (or both). That way you can get the lift you want without the preload. If you want a softer ride, I'd go for a taller coil at the same spring rate.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #6

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Call Downsouth Motorsports (or a local shop if you have a GOOD local off road shop). You can either get a higher rated coil or a taller coil (or both). That way you can get the lift you want without the preload. If you want a softer ride, I'd go for a taller coil at the same spring rate.

Thanks Man il give DSM a call then 👍
Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #8

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
What rims are you using in that pic? Like them
Thanks man, they are mickey thompson sidebiter 17x9
Old 07-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man, they are mickey thompson sidebiter 17x9
nice, im guessing the tires are 285/70/17s too?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
nice, im guessing the tires are 285/70/17s too?
His build thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...sr5-build.html

They're 285/70R17 BFG KM2s
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have the same issue with any coilovers cranked too high......its for performance and minimal lift unfortunately. I lowered my icons to 2.5" and have AP's in the back....there's some rake but it looks good! Try lowering them 1/2" and see how they ride!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #12

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
You'll have the same issue with any coilovers cranked too high......its for performance and minimal lift unfortunately. I lowered my icons to 2.5" and have AP's in the back....there's some rake but it looks good! Try lowering them 1/2" and see how they ride!
Thanks man and yah dats wat DSM said as well, either lower it or change it to a longer coil which is about $190 plus d install cost and might not even dat much of a difference to what i have now ride wise. U said u hav d allpro leafs in d back, do u have the 3inch? Thanks again
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #13

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Sublime, u have more picks of ur truck with icons? I want to see difference with mine thanks
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take pics in the am......how much thread do you have showing between the top and the collar? Are they ext travel?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #15

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Oh dont worry about it man, no rush. I have the pic on top of dis page. Is dat how urs look like?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #16

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Lol....ya! I'm 38" up front from ground to fender with 285 km2's!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #17

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Yah mine are extended travel. I have 7" from top of tire to my fender i havnt measured from d ground to my fender. U dont hav a build thread so i can see ur truck stance?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good right there . Is that the stock leaf pack ?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #19

omac5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Looks good right there . Is that the stock leaf pack ?
Yup stock leafpack with the toytec 2" AAL
Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #20

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go man.....I'm on a slight incline so it's a little more raked than normal. I think 2.5" up front rides better, the rake is closer to factory and still looks good!
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension experts needed :)-right.jpg