Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Other suspension lifts then 5100s?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Other suspension lifts then 5100s?

Are there other suspension setups like the 5100 / ome coils that lift in the same way just from another reputable brand?
I know that a ton of people run the bilsteins and eibach or ome coils and it's effective. I just wanted to know if other brands like rancho or pro comp do the same thing. Just for price comparisons.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp would be a similar lift but I hear its a much rougher ride. Could also go with higher end stuff.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Pro comp would be a similar lift but I hear its a much rougher ride. Could also go with higher end stuff.
Ah well I was just comparing costs to get the best product for the money or get a good product for less since I don't wheel. But I'm wondering if the 5100. Are the best deal
Old 07-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
IMO--It is a GOOD product--and reasonably priced--what more could you want?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I'll add that my truck sees little wheeling and I am happy with my lift with 5100s. Rights better than stock.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
IMO--It is a GOOD product--and reasonably priced--what more could you want?
Not much. That's probably the route i an everyone will most likely go. But a college discount would be nice lol
Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Ironman just came out with a suspension lift for our trucks.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...nman-lift.html
This looks like a great deal....and for people who dont want to buy UCA($$$$$) this might be the ticket. I am looking at maybe grabbing their 2" leaf pack to replace my shitty stockers instead of going a full 3 on dakars.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
That is not bad for a full set up . It looks pretty good but the billys are cheaper
Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
Does anyone know about front strut extensions ? I saw some in a few kits but haven't heard of them..
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
Does anyone know about front strut extensions ? I saw some in a few kits but haven't heard of them..
aka top plate spacers. Avoid them. They can damage your shocks and ball joints.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
Quote:
aka top plate spacers. Avoid them. They can damage your shocks and ball joints.
Ah okay thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
than
What do you even mean
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RattleSnake44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
What do you even mean
Than... Normally used in comparison. "OME better THAN anything"
Then... Normally used to give a sense of timing. "OME first, THEN, something else".

Thus endeth the English lesson.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleSnake44 View Post
Than... Normally used in comparison. "OME better THAN anything"
Then... Normally used to give a sense of timing. "OME first, THEN, something else".

Thus endeth the English lesson.
THat still makes no sense , He said only than nothing to do with OME equipment haha I would have got it if that would have been in there
Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RattleSnake44's Tacoma Gallery
Read your thread title.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Im trying man but THey read out of stock on first gens! your link is for 2nd gen haha
Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleSnake44 View Post
Read your thread title.
I wish I could sent rep on Tapatalk

In the meantime , here is a virtual pat on the back

Pat
Pat
Pat
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #20
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ironman just came out with a suspension lift for our trucks.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...nman-lift.html
It appears that OP has a first gen. Ironman only offers for '05+.