Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need some smarts on suspension

Old 07-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
Need some smarts on suspension

Hello everyone, so I am wanting to slowly but surely go the way of mid travel for my 08 preRunner but have some questions. I have front spacers that WILL be coming off when I install new front coilovers and a have an aal on the rear that's may either do another aal or replace with a whole new leaf pack(opinions help). What I am wondering is is a set of resiviour coilovers really needed or just some regular king or camburg will do the job. Any feedback is much appreciated.....btw getting an ARB installed next week any thoughts on this too, thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Also am wondering about UCA's and LCA's
Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Get a set of lift spindles. They will greatly improve your ride quality b/c it removes all of the preload off your coil overs.

The benefits of reservoir CO's is the extra volume of shock oil will help keep the oil cool preventing cavitation of the oil, meaning the formation and then immediate implosion of cavities in a liquid when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure that cause the formation of cavities where the pressure is relatively low, i.e., rapid shock travel.

Do you need reservoir shocks, unless you plan on high speed off road desert runs, probably not, but they sure look cool.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluTaco View Post
IMO, You've got a Pre-Runner, huge advantage to go with a spindle lift (for 4x2's only, kinda). Check out the MaxTrac thread on TW. As far as a full leaf pack vs. an AAL if you have the cash go for a full leaf pack, I did.
Ok will take a look. Are spindles something I could do before coilovers.? What kinda lift will that give me?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
Get a set of lift spindles. They will greatly improve your ride quality b/c it removes all of the preload off your coil overs.

The benefits of reservoir CO's is the extra volume of shock oil will help keep the oil cool preventing cavitation of the oil, meaning the formation and then immediate implosion of cavities in a liquid when a liquid is subjected to rapid changes of pressure that cause the formation of cavities where the pressure is relatively low, i.e., rapid shock travel.

Do you need reservoir shocks, unless you plan on high speed off road desert runs, probably not, but they sure look cool.
Great info man thanks! Was doing a little research and I will probably go with resi in the rear only for what I'll be doin but ya ur right they do look pretty sick especially with the front bumper I want