Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Suspension, lower on left side.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
OME Suspension, lower on left side.

Hi TW.

I bought a complete OME suspension for my truck and the garage who's installing it just called to tell me it's about 1" lower on the left side.

Has anyone had or seen this before ? Did they screw up the installation ?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
is the collar installed the correct way on the driver side?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
you got the trim packer kit when you ordered?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. Did they put one collar on upside down. Take pictures of both sides if need be.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
How ate they measuring it? From the center of the hub to fender or ground to fender? Is it both the front and the rear?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

post pics of both of the shocks near the bottom of the spring
Old 07-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Are you using 5100s for shocks or the nitros?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Are you using 5100s for shocks or the nitros?
I'm running 5100's and OME 886's and no such lean i have the taco lean but i mean thats normal
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
Taco lean.
not if its an 1"
Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
not if its an 1"
My taco lean was over an inch lower up front and 3/4 inch in back.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm getting the truck back tomorrow morning. I'll take pictures and post them but it won't lean as much because the suspension guys are putting a spacer under the leaf spring.

He said it's the best solution, I thought I might as well do it until I figure out what's wrong.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Almost there

so is it lower in the front or rear? how is lifting the rear going to level the front?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #15

The way I understood it was the whole driver side. I know nothing about mechanic but his spacer thing makes no sense to me.

For now I just want to get the truck back, figure out if they did anything wrong and if so I'll just take it somewhere else and pay to have done properly.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
Almost there

ya thats weird. so if the whole side is 1" lower that makes it easier for me to believe its just the taco lean BUT makes no sense to add a block to the rear.

what OME coils did you get, 885?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #17

886 + Nitrocharger Sport. I have 2 Odyssey PC1400 under the hood and next week I'm adding a Warn Trans4Mer and Warn M8000 winch.

The rear is the standard OME kit, Dakkar and N182.

I've been googling for over and hour and found many things about this lean but no one seems to have it this bad.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Almost there

did you get the trim kit for the front as well or the toytec top plate spacer?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #19
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I have the full OME kit with 886's up front and Dakars out back. I do not have the trim packer, but I do have the toytec 1/4" spacer up front on the drivers side. I have about 1/2" of lean to the drivers side. All of these trucks are a little different, go figure.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #20
Almost there

well if you installed the 1/4" spacer that = 1/2" of lift so I would technically say that your truck and his ARE in fact the same, not different