Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

dropping my 08 2.7

Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
hondarida122 is on a distinguished road
hondarida122's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation dropping my 08 2.7

I was wondering if anyone knew any companys that sold suspension drops for my truck and whats size rims and tires I need with that drop. I've finally finished with the header,exhaust,ss kit, and intake and I want to add something on the outside for style.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Whipple81 is on a distinguished road

Whipple81's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the DJM 3/4 drop, then just recently I picked up a set of X-Runner take-offs. They are an 18" wheel (not sure of the offset) with 255/45-18 Bridgestone Potenzas.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
OMG, your truck looks GREAT! Did you do it yourself?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Lowered trucks are pointless, but I must admit, yours looks REALLY good.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Whipple81 is on a distinguished road

Whipple81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Well, my truck gets me and my dirtbike where we need to go without bottoming out or giving me any trouble of any kind, so I'd say it's far from pointless, seeing as that is the POINT of my truck. I appreciate the kind words, but every truck has a point, lowered or not ya know? And yes, I did do the work myself
Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarida122 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew any companys that sold suspension drops for my truck and whats size rims and tires I need with that drop. I've finally finished with the header,exhaust,ss kit, and intake and I want to add something on the outside for style.
Contact Beefed_Taco. They man has been dropping tacos like they're hot.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mem...efed-taco.html
Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
What if God Smoked Cannabis
Bassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud ofBassetdad has much to be proud of

Bassetdad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Bassetdad Send a message via AIM to Bassetdad Send a message via Yahoo to Bassetdad
Hey Whipple,

I think your truck is nice looking, great work! Yeah it's lowered, but not to the degree where it's drags on the street when you roll. If I lived in a nice climate where it was mainly flat, I'd buy a Runner.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeh moar lowered tacos!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple81 View Post
I went with the DJM 3/4 drop, then just recently I picked up a set of X-Runner take-offs. They are an 18" wheel (not sure of the offset) with 255/45-18 Bridgestone Potenzas.

Great looking truck!
I'm old school and know it's tough to do a truck like this and end up a with a well balanced package. Are you happy overall with the end results? Would you do anything different next time around? Do you have any tire rub? Hows the ride with the 18" tires & wheels. With a 2" taller than stock tire, did you change gear ratio? Any problems with the rear springs hanging down that low? I have a 09 I'm thinking about lowering in the spring........

I believe that BellTech has some new supsension items for the 05-09 Tacomas.

Motoretro
Old 01-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Funk Master 420 is on a distinguished road
Funk Master 420's Tacoma Gallery
to each his own! im more into the lifted section but that is a nice looking taco you got there guy.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #12
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoretro View Post
Great looking truck!
I'm old school and know it's tough to do a truck like this and end up a with a well balanced package. Are you happy overall with the end results? Would you do anything different next time around? Do you have any tire rub? Hows the ride with the 18" tires & wheels. With a 2" taller than stock tire, did you change gear ratio? Any problems with the rear springs hanging down that low? I have a 09 I'm thinking about lowering in the spring........

I believe that BellTech has some new supsension items for the 05-09 Tacomas.

Motoretro
the x-runner rims are actually smaller in diameter than our stock 5 lug steelies...it has a 45 series profile tire instead of our 70? series

i have 18s with 60 series tires...pretty tall compared to stock...small difference in the gear ratios but not enough to want to change them

bell tech? whoa? when? more info please! haha

but for now i know there are a few kits out there, C2C has spacers and blocks, DJM 3/4 and the SS coils and composite leafs
Old 01-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
the x-runner rims are actually smaller in diameter than our stock 5 lug steelies...it has a 45 series profile tire instead of our 70? series

i have 18s with 60 series tires...pretty tall compared to stock...small difference in the gear ratios but not enough to want to change them

bell tech? whoa? when? more info please! haha

but for now i know there are a few kits out there, C2C has spacers and blocks, DJM 3/4 and the SS coils and composite leafs
Yeah I hit the wrong button on calculator and the 2" difference was bogus although the 255/45/18's are still .21 taller than the 215/70/15 stock tires and rims. Not a huge difference but I feel the trucks are geared too high to start with w/ 3:31 on manual trans models. The Autos are quite a bit better w/ 3:58. I plan on changing mine to either the 3:58's or lower once spring gets here and I decide what tire size I want.

Looks like I spoke too soon on the Belltech stuff as it appears to be for earlier Tacomas, sorry.

Motoretro
Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #14
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
Now to end this. Quit lowering your trucks!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy View Post
No end necessary.

These trucks look good. Keep em coming.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #16
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Lowered trucks = sex
Old 01-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its not pointless if thats what floats his boat...while i personally wouldnt lower a truck i dont see anything wrong with it. it looks sweet, just not for me.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #18
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
so, does your TPMS system still work or did you buy additional sensors for the rims?
Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #19
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not as pointless as the first half of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Contact Beefed_Taco. They man has been dropping tacos like they're hot.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mem...efed-taco.html
Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Quote:
No way jose! Quit lifting them.....j/k, I actually have an open mind and own both! (can't do stock) I knew this thread would hold some flamage on this subject here, it's why I opened it to see.