LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

885X Coils from ToyTec

Old 07-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
SNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
SNJTacoma11's Tacoma Gallery
885X Coils from ToyTec

Hello,
Thinking of buying 885X coils and using them in place of my stock SR5 coils with my bilstein 5100 shocks for my lift. setting them ofcourse to "0".
My question is should i need the spacers (1/4") that you can add to make my truck sit level?

It already has the Tacoma TSB rear leafs and Toytec's TSB add a leaf.

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely, the taco lean is absurd.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
885x coils , no top plate spacer got me 2 1/2" of front lift on my DCLB 4x4
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Measure the front and measure the rear , add 2 1/2" to the front , that's where you will end up , go from there
Old 07-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Wait a minute , do you have the billies set for lift now with your stock coils ?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
SNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSNJTacoma11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
SNJTacoma11's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I do..... I'm going to lower the bilsteins to "0" and then use the 885x coils. I have the tacoma TSB in the rear and toytec 1.5" AAL as well. Should sit level then. As of now it doesnt. I think stock coils are going bad. Going to get rid of my 18" rims and nitto's and look for something in black....
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJTacoma11 View Post
Yes I do..... I'm going to lower the bilsteins to "0" and then use the 885x coils. I have the tacoma TSB in the rear and toytec 1.5" AAL as well. Should sit level then. As of now it doesnt. I think stock coils are going bad. Going to get rid of my 18" rims and nitto's and look for something in black....
What are your billies set at now with the stock coils ? What is the hub to fender mearsurement up front now ?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I have 885x and I have the 1/4" spacer on the driver's side along with 1/2" top plate spacers on both sides. Mine sits dead level now (side to side) and measures 24 3/4" from hub to fender. Rear is sitting at 26" if anyone is wondering.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #9
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Bama TACO,

With your measurements at 24 3/4, isn't that close to 5 inches of lift over stock??
Old 07-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Bama TACO,

With your measurements at 24 3/4, isn't that close to 5 inches of lift over stock??
I'm not sure. It had a spacer lift when I bought it so I'm not sure what it measured stock. I'm pretty sure I'm close to 4" if not a little over. In addition, I have measured several times because I keep questioning my own measurements. I'm measuring from the center of the hub to the edge of the fender, straight up.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, sounds like you are measuring it right. I don't 100% remember what mine measured at stock (I want to say it was 20" from center of hub to fender). If that holds true, then that would put you at over 4" of lift. Are you running 5100s set on anything other than 0 by chance?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bama TACO,

At least 4 1/4"
Old 07-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!

Quote:
Yea, sounds like you are measuring it right. I don't 100% remember what mine measured at stock (I want to say it was 20" from center of hub to fender). If that holds true, then that would put you at over 4" of lift. Are you running 5100s set on anything other than 0 by chance?
No, 5100s are on the Zero setting.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #14
Retired Senior NCO

I give then....
Old 09-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
GM Convert
Brianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
Brianstemm's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda strange man... is your spring plate up side down? The plate that sits on the adjustable clip and under the coil. Just checking cause that would be bad, other than that I'm jealous. Hows it ride? I have eibachs set at .85 and my truck rides like sh!t..need a good balance maybe.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bama Taco has 885's , plus 1/2" spacers , plus another 1/4" spacer driver's side , plus it's a Prerunner
Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
Retired Senior NCO

Mine is a prerunner too and I am running Maxtrac spindles with factory TRD shocks/coils up front and it sounds like he is sitting higher than I am. So those 885s provide almost 3 1/2 inch of lift then?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine is a prerunner too and I am running Maxtrac spindles with factory TRD shocks/coils up front and it sounds like he is sitting higher than I am. So those 885s provide almost 3 1/2 inch of lift then?
885's can get a Prerunner up to 3" , plus 3/4" for his 1/2" spacers , plus another 1/2" for the 1/4" spacer
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #19
GM Convert
Brianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of lightBrianstemm is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bryan
Brianstemm's Tacoma Gallery
Well the 1/4 spacer is just to get him up to par with the passenger side. I wouldn't add that to the lift dimensions....he's getting over 4" of lift with a set up that can yield at best 3.75". I still think the spring perch may be suspect. Worth a look, anyway.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianstemm View Post
Well the 1/4 spacer is just to get him up to par with the passenger side. I wouldn't add that to the lift dimensions....he's getting over 4" of lift with a set up that can yield at best 3.75". I still think the spring perch may be suspect. Worth a look, anyway.
Worth a look agreed