Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100s as a leveling kit.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
5100s as a leveling kit.

Would just ordering 5100s up front on stock coils and stock rear act as a leveling kit set at 1.75?

Would I run into problems doing this?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Dude your in college; you should be better at research than this. Look at the suggested threads at the bottom of the page. Just make sure that you are looking at 1st gen stuff...
Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the flame
. Hard to do when search function doesn't work well on iPhone at work.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I was slightly nose-high with 1.75 up front and stock rear
Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
Thanks for the flame
. Hard to do when search function doesn't work well on iPhone at work.
In that kind of mood today...search works ok on a phone if you use one of the apps.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kyleTRDtaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! Thats what im doing, and i just got my 5100's the other day and saw pics, im doing 5100's all around and setting it at 1.75 in the front, the front will still be a 1/4 inch lower than the rear because the stock ride height is 20 inches for the front and 22 for the rear, the rear bilstiens wont change the rear ride height , it will stay at 22 inches and the front, when setting it at 1.75 will be 21.75, a 1/4 inch difference in the front, utilizing the 5100's is the most proper way to do a level on a tacoma
Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
kyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkyleTRDtaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hope my post helps, and no u wont run into problems , the billys are designed to work.with you oem springs, but the only thing i.was told ud run into a problem.is if u are putting the billys on a trd offroad tacoma, because the trd offroad runs a progressive front coil as opposed to the regular coil spring used on the base, sr5 and trd sport tacos, u want the normal spring when u use the 5100s because the progressive spring with the 5100s affects ride quality .. Hope this helps again
Old 07-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
There is no 1.75 setting on the 5100s for 1st gens
Ah, first gen. OP you should really put the year in your truck description under your name.

The settings for first gens are 0, 1, and 2.5"
Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Ah, first gen. OP you should really put the year in your truck description under your name.

Ohhh snapp, 1st gen lol xP and hey dude, why did your 2nd gen sit high on 1.75?? I dont thin it should have, did u have 5100's all.around?? Or just in the front??
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
Ohhh snapp, 1st gen lol xP and hey dude, why did your 2nd gen sit high on 1.75?? I dont thin it should have, did u have 5100's all.around?? Or just in the front??
It depends where you measure from. I put a level on the frame and I was nose high, barely.

You can't measure hub to fender to judge levelness because the rear fenders are cut slightly higher than the fronts IIRC.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

cough1.25"cough
Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #14

Quote:
It depends where you measure from. I put a level on the frame and I was nose high, barely.

You can't measure hub to fender to judge levelness because the rear fenders are cut slightly higher than the fronts IIRC.
But u couldnt tell just buy standing back and looking at it could u?? And did u have the 5100 shocks all around??.front and back??
Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm
Quote:
These high performance Bilstein front struts have 3 spring seat positions you can choose that provide approximately 0"-2.5" lift with your factory coils; the lowest notch provides a stock ride height, the second notch provides 1.25" lift and the top notch 2.5" approximate lift. We have some customers who run them with Old Man Emu Coils as well. Good for lifting, leveling or compensating for winches, snowplows, etc. Performance valved to provide better handling. Use with or without the rear shock set shown below. We can assemble coils on these for you, inquire if you need a cost on that. The struts don't come with new stem cushions or washers; you can re-use your existing cushions and washers or get new ones below.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleTRDtaco12 View Post
But u couldnt tell just buy standing back and looking at it could u?? And did u have the 5100 shocks all around??.front and back??
I could definately tell standing back and looking at it. But I'm picky.

Many of the "leveled" trucks on here look nose-high to me.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
@ everyone else Thanks for the help guys. Sorry for the confusion on my description it says 99 if you click it. My main question was just rather the rear bilsteins were needed if I was just goin to level and run a 32 inch tire. Thanks for all I you who were helpful.

@ green, dude just don't flame man it's so much easier to just ignore me haha it takes away from the thread and puts us off topic.

Sorry for the twitter reply. Again hard to multi quote with such a small screen
Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Well it looks like we're in a dilly of a pickle here, wouldn't you say?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #19

Marines:
Quote:
Well it looks like we're in a dilly of a pickle here, wouldn't you say?
Meh, tis only 250 thousandths of an inch. Here here!!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
Haha yea I could confirm if I order them lol. Is down south done with 1st gen Billy's? There out of stock, the coupon is running out an I need to order!!