LIFT KIT ON 2011 TRD SPORT DCLB 4WD

Old 07-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
kodybradford is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Kody
kodybradford's Tacoma Gallery
LIFT KIT ON 2011 TRD SPORT DCLB 4WD

Gents,

Needing help on how to lift my 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB 4wd. Before you start telling me to do my research let me tell you I have.... Im currently in the shit hole we know as Afganistan and my 30 min time limit on the computer makes it a pain in the nuts to look at this stuff. During my little down time all I want to do is gym and think about how Im going to show the Taco some love when I get back. Any and all help would be fantastic and much appriciated!

What im looking for is to lift my Taco about 3in. or so, leveling it out in the process. Its a daily driver when im state side and never really hits any hardcore trails. My price range is idealy less than $600 but there is room to play in that. I'd like to put 32" or 33" tires on aswell, hints why im pricing the lift in a more affordable range! The problem im having trouble with is no one that ive seen has lifted a 2011 tacoma like i own. All ive found on the 2011 is that there is a common issue with UCA's not allowing the caster to get within factory specs. Im prety novice when it comes to the lifting trucks but not complety lost... DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON HOW TO LIFT A "2011" WITH AS FEW ISSUES AS POSSIBLE? WHAT KIT SHOULD I ROLL WITH?

Options so far...

Simple cheap -- Above coil kits, or In-coil spacer kits, or Combo kits. Quality of ride is a diff. concern.

Leaning towards but unsure if there will be complications? -- Front adjustable coil over kit with Bilstein 5100's which doesnt touch the rear and will run me about $580 on toyteclifts.com w/ the TW coupon ( http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72)

OR

OME Kit with the 885x coils and the Toytec/Deaver 1.5" TSB AAL
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...ml#post5449102 which will run me about $540 on toyteclifts.com with the good ol' TW coupon code.

Your comments and suggestion are much appriciated! If you want to be an asshole just spare yourself the time and dont comment plz!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin. Both kits are good.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts.com has a procomp coil spacer mounts above the coil so u dont have to worry about decompressing the coil. im running it on the same exact truck you have took me about 2 hrs to install (with cold beverage breaks included) an im running 295/70/17 which comes out to like a 33x12 i think. cost 180.00 and putting the add a leaf in the rear to level it back out. o and its a 1.25 spacer
Old 07-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFD2005 View Post
4wheelparts.com has a procomp coil spacer mounts above the coil so u dont have to worry about decompressing the coil. im running it on the same exact truck you have took me about 2 hrs to install (with cold beverage breaks included) an im running 295/70/17 which comes out to like a 33x12 i think. cost 180.00 and putting the add a leaf in the rear to level it back out. o and its a 1.25 spacer
The Pro Comp kit is crap though.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
for the rear, depending if you have the TSB Leaf springs on the truck or not, that alone give about 3/4" lift over the non TSB.

from my readings, alignment issues are hit or miss with around 2.5-3" of lift, some people can get it back to stock, others cannot and end up buying UCA's. your options on UCA's are endless, Total chaos, cam burg, icon, light racing, built right, all pro, and down south motorsports has some brand listed as well.

If i was on a tight budget, i would get the front completely squared away(not including UCA as they may not be needed) and then see where you are with funds for the rear.

Stay safe out there brother, i was OEF '10-'11 in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Its tha Southern Way
LBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to beholdLBFD2005 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
LBFD2005's Tacoma Gallery
i had the revtek on my last tacoma it work quite well
Old 07-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Check out OZ's build he has a DCLB with OME lift.
Diary of a Madman..... OZ-T's build and pics ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the OME 884x coils and nitrocharger shocks up front and got just about 2" of lift and I am a fan. It gave me exactly the ride and stance I was looking for up front. In the rear I did an Icon progressive 3 leaf AAL and left the overload in (I had the 4 leaf pack to start with-stock on the 2012 sport) and got a solid 2" of lift over stock. I still need to upgrade the shocks but I I really like the ride so far. But as 4Wheelin4Banger said check Oz-t's build if you want a little more lift. Here are some photos of mine for reference:

Old 07-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Just curious how did you come to the $540 price for the lift kit? What did you include or exclude?

I found the best price for Scott at Truck-Add-Ons for the OME components with free shipping and the AAL from DSM.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
OME Full 3" kit with Dakars, LR UCA's, 285/75/16's and it aligned perfect. I am very impressed with this kit. I went with the Dakars for towing and actual (stock) capacity over the stock POS's.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
Just curious how did you come to the $540 price for the lift kit? What did you include or exclude?

I found the best price for Scott at Truck-Add-Ons for the OME components with free shipping and the AAL from DSM.
this is what i compiled tru toyteclifts.com from what I found on this thread( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...ml#post5449102 ) I believe this is all I should need.

1 x 1 1/2" Lift rear add-a-leaf for Tacoma with rear TSB springs
$79.99

1 x Shocks (05 & UP Tacoma/FJ/03 & Up 4Run)
$314.99

1 x Front OME Lift Coils
$169.99

Select coil: 885 Med coils
Options: No top plate spacers
3 Products
$536.72
Old 07-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #12
Marines:
Thanks everyone for your replys.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Are those the OME shocks ^^^

if so , add the 5mm trim packer for taco lean , I would also suggest getting the FK29 OME CB drop
Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodybradford View Post
this is what i compiled tru toyteclifts.com from what I found on this thread( http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...ml#post5449102 ) I believe this is all I should need.

1 x 1 1/2" Lift rear add-a-leaf for Tacoma with rear TSB springs
$79.99

1 x Shocks (05 & UP Tacoma/FJ/03 & Up 4Run)
$314.99

1 x Front OME Lift Coils
$169.99

Select coil: 885 Med coils
Options: No top plate spacers
3 Products
$536.72
Got it.

I paid $153 for the coils $300 for the shocks and added the center bearing drop and the trim pack for another $20 I think. So its in the same ball park. The AAL I got was $189 - a little on the pricey side but I think its worth it for the three pack.
You gonna try and stick with the stock rear shocks? I will eventually upgrade to the OME's probably later this month. I think they are somewhere around $170.

It adds up quick but its right where I want it!

Good luck. And If you can I'd say do the install yourself - it took me a little over 5 hours in the driveway!
Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The Pro Comp kit is crap though.
Not correct. I have the procomp lift. I love it. I don't know what everyone is talking about wjen they say if has a horrible ride. Only a hair stiffer than stock i and it handles great on and off road.
No issues with uca clearances or really anything for that matter. And you cant beat the price point.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
Not correct. I have the procomp lift. I love it. I don't know what everyone is talking about wjen they say if has a horrible ride. Only a hair stiffer than stock i and it handles great on and off road.
No issues with uca clearances or really anything for that matter. And you cant beat the price point.
The Procomp is the stiffest ( 700lb IIRC ) spring you can generally get for these trucks

That's not an opinion
Old 07-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are those the OME shocks ^^^

if so , add the 5mm trim packer for taco lean , I would also suggest getting the FK29 OME CB drop
x2
Old 07-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #18
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The Procomp is the stiffest ( 700lb IIRC ) spring you can generally get for these trucks

That's not an opinion
All I am saying is that it isn't a piece of junk kit. It's inexpensive and serves its purpose very well. My truck doesn't have a very rough ride. It's a truck, not a cadillac. I've been 140 miles offroad through bigbear/arrowhead without a single problem and it performed great.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
It sucks.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #20
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Running 33's you may want to get the top plate spacers too.