Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 TRD off Road question

Old 07-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
White Taco85 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
White Taco85's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 TRD off Road question

My plan please let me know if i am wrong. I want a small lift on my Taco i have a leveling kit on right now and do not like it so i want to take it off and put Bilstein 5100 on all around and want to set them to 1.75

http://downsouthmotorsports.com%2Fi-...djustable.html

I read some where that it is not a good idea to use the 5100 with stock coils if you have a TRD off road.... is this true or do i need to get new coils as well?

also in the rear i want to use ICON Toyota Tacoma '05-up Rear Add a Leaf Kit but i want to remain somewhat level or should i just remain stock in the rear with the exception of the 5100

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-47...-leaf-kit.html

Thanks for any information...
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
there's tons of people who run the 5100's with stock coils. it may stiffen the ride since you're compressing the coils but they work fine.

The alternative is to combine them with toytec's coils, which give 2nd gens 1.75" of lift

combining either of those front lifts with icon's AAL might end up with a little bit of rake, it's completely up to you whether or not you want to lift the rear (If you're going to wheel any I would )
Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
White Taco85 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
White Taco85's Tacoma Gallery
First off thanks for the information but forgive me for being stupid but what do u mean a little bit of rake?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Taco85 View Post
First off thanks for the information but forgive me for being stupid but what do u mean a little bit of rake?
rake = slant in suspension

if you raise the front 1.75 and the rear 1.5 you'll be a tiny bit higher in the back, since trucks come from the factory a few inches higher in the rear
(Evens the truck out when there's a load in the bed)