Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Coilover question

Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Coilover question

Alright, I just got some COs and was wondering, when they are still in the box, are they at full droop? or will there be more droop when on the vehicle?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
hmm... I imagine they're at full droop in the box, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Dude. They are at full extension.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #4
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok, well no heres my next question, I measured roughly from the top plate, to the eyelet of my new CO and it was ~27"

I also measured roghly the top plate to the eyelet on my current set up already on the truck and it was like ~26.5" and thats under load!

So My question is, how am I going to get any droop if the COs are at full extension?

note: I have no idea how the COs are cranked right now
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats what happens when you are lifted too much. The front suspension has a fixed amount of travel. Even with a Drop bracket lift. When you lift, say 3" up, you loose 3" down travel.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
Rock Solid Toy

yeah, but these Cos are meant for this lift, they are supposed to be longer. I can see if I had them cranked all the way up, But I think I am missing something, because even stock I have droop, the way I am seeing this as putting these COs on will actually diminish droop..

That cant be right, or can it?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #7

Just because they are "meant" for that lift(which, by the way, is something Pro Comp likes to say about their products), doesnt mean they will increase travel. As you are right now, you probably only have 1" of down travel. I think with the CO's you will be the same. The only way to get more travel, is to go LT, which means different LCA's, and UCA's, and being 4x4, new DS. A Drop bracket lift doesnt give you anymore travel no matter what kind of Co's you use. The limiting factors is still going to be the suspension geometry, and the legth of the CA's.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Rock Solid Toy

Right, So I understand its not LT, but I guess what I am trying to figure out is if my travel will be the same as stock, I mean some 3" guys get droop right? or is the 3" kit still only getting like 1" of droop?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #9

travel will be a little more than stock, as you have the Camburg UCA's. If the CO's are "extended length", then you will get more travel. Same with the 3" lifts. Unless they have new UCA's to allow for more droop, then they are takeing the lift from the down travel.