1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'06 Leaf Spring Replacement

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ddauria1, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jul 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    ddauria1

ddauria1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '06 Access Cab 4X4
    Hey, first time poster on the forum. I have an '06 Access Cab and I'm ready to stiffen up the suspension in the bed. I can't carry a load over 300 pounds without the bed bottoming out when I go over bumps. I surf and ski and find myself driving over crazy terrain fairly often but I don't go off roading specifically.
    I'm thinking of doing one of 3 things. First, a simple add a leaf, will this solve my problem and make a noticeable difference in stiffness?
    I am also thinking of replacing my leaf packs. My truck has 3 leafs standard, if I upgrade to the 4 spring pack, will this effect my drive train or front suspension?
    Finally I'm considering a full suspension upgrade by doing Bilstein 5100's to the front and 4 leaf pack to the back. How much does this cost roughly and is it worth it?
    Any suggestions on what to do?
    Thanks

2. Aug 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Welcome to TW & any changes to the stock suspension is a plus, for starters on a budget, theres probably no better fit than to start with 5100's on all corners & A couple Chevy truck springs for the rear, if you're a do-it-yourself guy, easily doable for under $500....

Products Discussed in

To Top