Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

'06 Leaf Spring Replacement

Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
ddauria1 is on a distinguished road
ddauria1's Tacoma Gallery
'06 Leaf Spring Replacement

Hey, first time poster on the forum. I have an '06 Access Cab and I'm ready to stiffen up the suspension in the bed. I can't carry a load over 300 pounds without the bed bottoming out when I go over bumps. I surf and ski and find myself driving over crazy terrain fairly often but I don't go off roading specifically.
I'm thinking of doing one of 3 things. First, a simple add a leaf, will this solve my problem and make a noticeable difference in stiffness?
I am also thinking of replacing my leaf packs. My truck has 3 leafs standard, if I upgrade to the 4 spring pack, will this effect my drive train or front suspension?
Finally I'm considering a full suspension upgrade by doing Bilstein 5100's to the front and 4 leaf pack to the back. How much does this cost roughly and is it worth it?
Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddauria1 View Post
Hey, first time poster on the forum. I have an '06 Access Cab and I'm ready to stiffen up the suspension in the bed. I can't carry a load over 300 pounds without the bed bottoming out when I go over bumps. I surf and ski and find myself driving over crazy terrain fairly often but I don't go off roading specifically.
I'm thinking of doing one of 3 things. First, a simple add a leaf, will this solve my problem and make a noticeable difference in stiffness?
I am also thinking of replacing my leaf packs. My truck has 3 leafs standard, if I upgrade to the 4 spring pack, will this effect my drive train or front suspension?
Finally I'm considering a full suspension upgrade by doing Bilstein 5100's to the front and 4 leaf pack to the back. How much does this cost roughly and is it worth it?
Any suggestions on what to do?
Thanks
Welcome to TW & any changes to the stock suspension is a plus, for starters on a budget, theres probably no better fit than to start with 5100's on all corners & A couple Chevy truck springs for the rear, if you're a do-it-yourself guy, easily doable for under $500....