LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3" ToyTec lift w/ Med Front Coils & Rear AAL. Who likes it and who doesn't?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
mtlheadhntr is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Richie
Location: Live in South GA / From Milwaukee, WI (WI boy at heart)
mtlheadhntr's Tacoma Gallery
3" ToyTec lift w/ Med Front Coils & Rear AAL. Who likes it and who doesn't?

I know I have another thread about a 3" lift but I want opinions on this lift from people who drive it. I will be putting General Grabber AT2 265/75-16 on my 05 TRD 4x4 Access cab and will most likely put in the 3" ToyTec w/ med front coils and rear AAL's and a differential drop. I would like to hear how it rides and handles along with how it was to install. Thanks alot guys!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlheadhntr View Post
Just coils for now. Im trying not to break the bank all in one shot.

I said the same thing, and I wish I had stuck to my guns. But no, I did the same lift, but added new 5100's, new wheels, new tires

= About $3000....but boy I love it....

BTW..truck rides a little stiffer and minor vibration in rear...but who cares, its a truck.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaYAK View Post
I said the same thing, and I wish I had stuck to my guns. But no, I did the same lift, but added new 5100's, new wheels, new tires

= About $3000....but boy I love it....

BTW..truck rides a little stiffer and minor vibration in rear...but who cares, its a truck.
Do you recommend the lift at least? Do you like it?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just coils for now. Im trying not to break the bank all in one shot.
I ran the 885 coils with stock Billy shocks... it rides like shit... If I were you, I would go ahead and buy the front 5100s and put them in right away... you'll be happier.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
answering the question for him: I recommend the lift... it's good, cheap, and easy.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
The Reel Sportsman
TacomaYAK will become famous soon enoughTacomaYAK will become famous soon enough

TacomaYAK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes I love the lift, get it! If you can install it yourself, you can save even more money. I installed it myself..
Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
I ran the 885 coils with stock Billy shocks... it rides like shit... If I were you, I would go ahead and buy the front 5100s and put them in right away... you'll be happier.

Is there a certain company that makes the 5100's?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein makes the shocks, you can get front and rears on eBay at a very good price, I believe people are paying around 279 for a complete set.

Gary
Old 01-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #11
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Im glad some1 posted this thread. Im trying to do the same setup. I have an SR5 and I just got new high dollar wheels and tires. I want a lift but I want to go ahead and spend the money and get it done right.(New shocks and springs) I want that same Toytec setup(New coils with AAL) and then add the 5100's all around. Does this sound right?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #12
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans381 View Post
Im glad some1 posted this thread. Im trying to do the same setup. I have an SR5 and I just got new high dollar wheels and tires. I want a lift but I want to go ahead and spend the money and get it done right.(New shocks and springs) I want that same Toytec setup(New coils with AAL) and then add the 5100's all around. Does this sound right?
Sounds right to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #13
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Can you run 5100's with Toytec coils? I thought you were only suppose to run them with stock TRD coils??
Old 01-09-2009, 05:15 AM   #14
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Can you run 5100's with Toytec coils? I thought you were only suppose to run them with stock TRD coils??
Yes, you can run them in the Toytec OME coils but it's recommended that you leave the 5100 at the lowest setting.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 AM   #15

I want it lifted tho. What can I do?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #16
Mayor of TW

Quote:
The coils will provide the lift.

You could always go with OME shocks. They're made to compliment the OME coils.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I run the toytec OME 885's with 5100's all around and rear AAL's. Looks good and runs great! Delmarva is saying if you go with OME coils and 5100's, you have to set the 5100's at 0' height and let the coils do the lifting.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #18

What if I just buy TRD coils? Because I want Bilsteins at all 4 corners. How much lift will this give me? 3" right?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What if I just buy TRD coils? Because I want Bilsteins at all 4 corners. How much lift will this give me? 3" right?
I'm not to familiar with TRD coils but if it says 3 inchs, you will get 3 inchs in the front. Now if you want to lift the back, you will need to get blocks or AAL's.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 AM   #20
Mayor of TW

Quote:
If you get the suspension TSB done, you get a TRD suspension for free. Then add Billy 5100s to it...

now that I think of it -- the 5100s alone on your SR5 coils will give you lift as well.