Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dakkar leaf spring POS?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Dakkar leaf spring POS?

my dakkar leaf spring squeaks like hell. I installed them almost a year ago. never been mudding with it or even been in any heavy rain for that matter. they've been like that since day one. i was hoping the squeak goes away after being broken in, but it didn't. does anybody elses dakkar squeak like that? is there any remedy for it. i've read some post here about cutting bicycle tire tube and inserting them in it, but come on maan $400+ for them and i have to stick a bike tube in it. any input from fellow TW member here would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_Hj...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
spray some wd-40 and call it a day
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
hmm thats sucks lol
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
SodakTaco will become famous soon enough
SodakTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was under the impression that there was supposed to be anti squeek bushings or something like that on the Dakars. Seems like a lot of people really like them as well. You might want to get in touch with the company you bought them from and make sure you have everything or if they'll get you a new set if they're just defective.

I know how you feel though, I have a persistent squeek from the front of my Tacoma and it drives me nuts.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Screw WD-40, that won't work. You need something that will last longer and seep in better. I think people are having some luck with silicone based lubricants. Personally, I'd give PB Blaster a shot or, if you can get the leafs separated at the ends, see if you can get something with graphite in it. Graphite is a great dry lubricant.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
SodakTaco will become famous soon enough
SodakTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerla View Post
Squeaking is unfortunately too common for the Dakars

That's unfortunate, those were on my dream list for suspension mods in a year or two. Are there any good alternatives or do people just live with cut up tires and lubricants?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Pressure wash them, and then let them dry. After drying hose the fuck out of them with dry moly spray lube. If not dry moly then use a dry graphite spray lube.

Both use a solvent the dries quickly and leaves a coating of dry lube but moly sticks a hell of a lot better.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any issues with mine squeaking, normally. Sometimes they'll squeak after I've been out on a lot of dusty roads or off roading and the like. I pressure wash them real well and then they're fine.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SodakTaco View Post
That's unfortunate, those were on my dream list for suspension mods in a year or two. Are there any good alternatives or do people just live with cut up tires and lubricants?
don't get me wrong i like the way they perform, i just hate the freaking squeaking.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I have good luck with the method posted by Max above , but for lube I use spray-on motorcycle chain lube , in grey

The problem area on the Daks is at the front where the second leaf wraps around the front bushing , there is no isolator at this location . Pay particular attention to cleaning all grit etc from this area and spray with motorcycle chain lube .
Old 08-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Pressure wash then white grease between the leafs worked for me.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Is it the bushings or leaf
Old 08-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Is it the bushings or leaf
It really sounds like it is coming from the front bushing , but I have found it is in fact coming from the leaf that wraps onto the front bushing , the 2nd one down
Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
I use the dupont teflon lube.....i used it on my bike chains too when I had my gixxer. Great stuff...........wd40 worked fine too but the teflon lasts longer.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I know theY recommended me to use a heavy amount of super lube combined with anti seize on my leaf bushings . So far no sqeaking . Deaver pack though .
Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I know theY recommended me to use a heavy amount of super lube combined with anti seize on my leaf bushings . So far no squeezing . Deaver pack though .
The Dakars come from ARB with the front bushings installed
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #20
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Oh then I take off the leafs and start with the bushings .

Products Discussed in this Thread